See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red zen

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Red zen

I have just finished a book called Modern Card Counting. The authors system is called the Red Zen it is a twist on the Zen and Red Seven with one exception you only count the red twos and red sevens. I haven't been able to find out how efficient it is all the system calculators won't let you put in color adjustments. Does anyone know of a software program I can use?

Use any simulator and count the 2s and 7s as .5 (1/2). It's the same as counting the reds only more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    I have just finished a book called Modern Card Counting. The authors system is called the Red Zen it is a twist on the Zen and Red Seven with one exception you only count the red twos and red sevens. I haven't been able to find out how efficient it is all the system calculators won't let you put in color adjustments. Does anyone know of a software program I can use?
    Red Zen Count as you stated:

A-(-1)
    2- .5
    3- 1
    4- 2
    5- 2
    6- 2
    7- .5
    8- 0
    9- 0
    10- (-2)

From the blackjackinfo card counting efficiency calculator the Red Zen Count has PE = 0.6152, BC= 0.9510, IC= 0.8381. Comparing this to the original Zen count with the PE = 0.6268, BC= 0.9621, IC= 0.8498.

Thanks so much for the help! It looks pretty comparable when you consider its an unbalanced count and does away with the division at the table.

Thanks so much for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    Thanks so much for the help! It looks pretty comparable when you consider its an unbalanced count and does away with the division at the table.
    I am curious to see how this strategy works. It make me realize something when you said the Red Zen count is unbalanced. It looks like the count is "negatively unbalanced" meaning that it has one more -1 count value than plus value when the deck is counted to the end. Usually for an unbalanced count it has one more plus value than minus values.

A-(-1)
    2- .5
    3- 1
    4- 2
    5- 2
    6- 2
    7- .5
    8- 0
    9- 0
    10- (-2)

Do you know what I am talking about?

Harpo,

You asked for a program in your original post. CVData can sim suit aware counts.

That said -- I had an idea a while back for a balanced suit aware count, level 1 tags, modeled after RPC/Felt, but that only counted the red 7's and 2's.

It's been some time, but from memory, the results were lackluster. Didn't perform any better than HiLo. Too much slop resulted in only counting the reds. I should've known I couldn't cheat nature :-)

From sims I've run and from what I've encountered in the literature, counting the reds comes with about a 3% penalty to performance, versus counting it as .5 pt or counting it at half value of the other cards. That's just for one card value. Do it for two, and now it seems you're suffering that penalty twice.

So -- I would NOT expect to actually achieve the performance values given from the efficiency calculator when inputing .5 values in the program, if in practice you're only counting the reds.

Just for curiosity's sake -- what was the supposed redeeming value declared for this count? It seems more complicated than both Zen or UBZ2 since it's both suit aware AND still a level 2.

If you are looking for a system but don't have the software or know-how (yet) to check this stuff, then your best bet is to adopt a count that has a lot of available "support" in the literature and the community.

If you're looking for a level 2 count, then your best bet would be Zen or Felt as there is MUCH knowledge readily available. Don't be scared of TC conversions, they become very natural. Nonetheless, if you really want an unbalanced count, then UBZ2 is an unbalanced count very similar to Zen. If you start with that, but one day decide you want to learn the TC aspect of the game, then you can research TCing your unbalanced count to further up your game when the time is right.
    "I did it for me..... I liked it. I was good at it...and I was...really...I was alive..."

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Red Zen Count as you stated:

A-(-1)
    2- .5
    3- 1
    4- 2
    5- 2
    6- 2
    7- .5
    8- 0
    9- 0
    10- (-2)

From the blackjackinfo card counting efficiency calculator the Red Zen Count has PE = 0.6152, BC= 0.9510, IC= 0.8381. Comparing this to the original Zen count with the PE = 0.6268, BC= 0.9621, IC= 0.8498.
    Why make things more complicated and less efficient? This count is sheer silliness.

No, I am not a math guy. I'm sure you already know when you count down a deck it ends at -4. What I have done ( very limited) with this count is transfer the running count to zero. This is nothing new of course as it is done with the TKO count. I am still trying to count down a D/D in under 60 seconds . I just found this count a week ago, so if you have an opinion on please feel free to let me know.

Banned or Suspended

Go ZEN

Thanks Mr White,

I bought some software and will run the sims. Thanks

Have fun simming if you're simply curious about it; it will be a good crash course in your new software. In the meantime, heed the advice given so far and abandon this count for the Zen count as a similar and superior replacement.
    "I did it for me..... I liked it. I was good at it...and I was...really...I was alive..."

Mr. White I have a great memory , but I am far from a math guy, so to me they look very close. What do you see that I don't please. By the way Reservoir Dogs if so what a great movie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast