See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: How many indices does Hi-Lo Full contains?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How many indices does Hi-Lo Full contains?

Question for Hi-lo players how many total indices does Hi-lo full contains? Positive and negative indices for 4-8 deck and 1-2 deck.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Dude, you really need to get the book (Professional Blackjack, by Stanford Wong)

Quote Originally Posted by Intermediate View Post
    Dude, you really need to get the book (Professional Blackjack, by Stanford Wong)
    I have Professional Blackjack and read it. I am asking this question to see if the answer I get is consistent with the book. Don't away assume that you know someone's gender just going off their usersname. I think you should read something more modern instead of Professional Blackjack. Like Modern Blackjack.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I have Professional Blackjack and read it. I am asking this question to see if the answer I get is consistent with the book. Don't away assume that you know someone's gender just going off their usersname. I think you should read something more modern instead of Professional Blackjack. Like Modern Blackjack.
    Why would you ask that question, given, you have the book, if not to test the community? Nobody would respond without getting out a book and doing a count. WTF, get real (dude-ette?).

I just answer your question. Answer: to see if the answer is consistent with the book for the second time and don't need you to tell me what to do.

"Nobody would respond without getting out a book and doing a count."

How do you know that and why are you so sure?

My intention was not to test the community since you indicate the opposite.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 07-21-2013 at 07:37 PM.

I just answer your question. Answer: to see if the answer is consistent with the book for the second time and don't need you to tell me what to do.

"Nobody would respond without getting out a book and doing a count."

How do you know that and why are you so sure?

My intention was not to test the community since you indicate the opposite.

Dude-ette - are you looking to catch someone with an inaccuracy? Don't be a troll. In all seriousness, are you trying to figure out how many indices to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Intermediate View Post
    Dude-ette - are you looking to catch someone with an inaccuracy? Don't be a troll. In all seriousness, are you trying to figure out how many indices to use?
    It seem like you can't answer my question and have a habit of answering my question with another question. I am looking for someone's experience. In professional blackjack there is about 150 for Hi-lo full as far as I remember since reading the 9 years ago. However, in Professional blackjack the Hi-lo is modified by Wong. It might not contain the traditional indices of the system. Since the traditional system is first created by Harvey Dubner in 1963. Then it was published by Edward Thorp. Later by published by Stanford Wong. The indices changes from book to book.

"In all seriousness, are you trying to figure out how many indices to use?"

No I am not looking for to figure out how many indices to use since I don't use Hi-lo count.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 07-21-2013 at 07:58 PM.

It seem like you can't answer my question and have a habit of answering my question with another question. I am looking for someone's experience. In professional blackjack there is about 150 for Hi-lo full as far as I remember since reading the 9 years ago. However, in Professional blackjack the Hi-lo is modified by Wong. It might not contain the traditional indices of the system.
    So given your concern is valid, and you probably have more questions, I suggest you get the latest version. My latest version is from 1994. There might be a more recent version. For 4-Deck, h17, split with and without double, I count 258 not including the surrender indices and the two-card indices. So now what?

As far as I know, the most recently calculated indicies for the HiLo count to be published can be found in Prependix C to Beyond Counting Exhibit CAA.

Alternatively, buy CVData and generate your own.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

I have full exact index for Hi Lo range -26 TC to +26 TC. Theoretical maximum -52 and +52 TC.

For example:
    ENHC
    Hit 17 vs 2 = < -25.5 TC.
    Sur 18 vs 10= > +22.6 TC.

I use range index -2 TC to +12 TC for local count in ST.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    I have full exact index for Hi Lo range -26 TC to +26 TC. Theoretical maximum -52 and +52 TC.

For example:
    ENHC
    Hit 17 vs 2 = < -25.5 TC.
    Sur 18 vs 10= > +22.6 TC.

I use range index -2 TC to +12 TC for local count in ST.
    Theoretical maximum -52 and +52 TC???? I never played a game with the TC >= 12. Are these indices realistic? Has anybody played a game with TC = -52 or even TC = +52?

Theoretical maximum -52 and +52 TC???? I never played a game with the TC >= 12. Are these indices realistic? Has anybody played a game with TC = -52 or even TC = +52?
    Yes my friend. This is game and indices realistic. These indexes can't be applied - you will suspect of knowledge of each card! You read Don Goren?
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

To the OP,
    Regarding your original question, the number of indices is bounded only by the range of true counts you want a set of indices for. Clearly, at some point, the number of indices you actually use reaches a point of diminishing returns as Tthree suggests. Different authors have chosen a different set based on how many they believe have relevance. Also, each author may have slightly different indices based on the true count method chosen and the sim software used.

Fin