See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How successfull is everyone

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How successfull is everyone

just wanted to know how successful people are being a pro. what is ur net wins/losses combined? say either this year or all the years combined since you became a pro.

for me i have combined all my wins losses together since i started playing blackjack 7yrs ago and i am currently down $1,800

Heads up, you're unlikely to get many answers. Many people are successful though.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Keep in mind that most members of this site are not professional players, in the sense that their blackjack and AP activities accounts for all or most of how they make a living.

Of the few that do support themselves by these means, most won't and don't like to talk numbers. I am one of the few fulltime players, that doesn't mind sharing my mid-level play results by numbers, BUT I am not going to do so in this case, as it serves no purpose,as all you are really seeking is validation that card counting still works. So let me assure you that, yes, the concept and mathematics behind card counting are still there. But,
    Understand that deteriorating conditions have made it more difficult than it once was. It takes, not only knowledge, but real dedication and discipline to be successful at any level.

I am often curious how my play compares to other AP's. I don't personally know anyone that counts so I am in some what of a bubble. When I have ,to me, huge wins and losses I wonder how normal it is. I am not a math guru so it is difficult to judge the probability of each occurrence. So when I have a $1,000 day, I ask myself if this is normal or an anomaly. My sessions are usually big wins or losses with some small/moderate wins in between and I know that should average out to my EV over time. Over the past few months I am well over what I think my EV is so I take that as I am doing well but I just don't know how well.
    Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, by then you are a mile away and have his shoes.

personally i dont understand why people are so secretive with wins/losses, beats me. who cares really. the maths shows if you play correctly then its a beatable game.

for me, being a newb and playing for around a year im losing money if you take into consideration learning material etc.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by max85 View Post
    personally i dont understand why people are so secretive with wins/losses, beats me. who cares really. the maths shows if you play correctly then its a beatable game.
    What I have noticed in the past is that members will talk about wins and losses, but are reluctant to do so in terms of dollars. We often have threads at years end, where members can share their results for the year. We get a lot of results posted in code, posted in terms of units, max bets or minimum bets. Always leaves me scratching my head, putting on my detective hat and trying to figure out just what these folks are trying to convey, just because for some reason they don't want to use dollars and cents.

Personally, I really only care about long-term results, as they compare to expectation for the level and amount of play involved.
    Last edited by KJ; 07-17-2013 at 06:43 PM.

yeah silly really kj. i like how you post your results. it really makes me aware of how severe some flucuations can be. keeps me grounded and i appreciate that

Good points KJ, except you didn't answer the OP's question, although most know from your earlier posts about your swings this year. And the other facts as you pointed above referring to the lack of purpose it serves to answer. I'll answer the OP, 207 hours, 116k, not welcome in that city (6 "playable" stores") anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddler View Post
    Good points KJ, except you didn't answer the OP's question, although most know from your earlier posts about your swings this year. And the other facts as you pointed above referring to the lack of purpose it serves to answer. I'll answer the OP, 207 hours, 116k, not welcome in that city (6 "playable" stores") anymore.

That works out to about $560 an hour. Good work!
    "Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded" - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by max85 View Post

for me, being a newb and playing for around a year im losing money if you take into consideration learning material etc.
    If it's what one does for a living, then its a little like walking up to a cashier, dentist, teacher, or any occupation and asking them how much money they make. I know it wasn't intended that way but it's a bit of an inappropriate question to ask someone what their income is.

i can understand that mcal. and i agree if its full time. at least we can give the guy a guide to projected earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddler View Post

nice good job

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast