See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How successfull is everyone

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DM21 View Post
    I guess everyone has their own comfort zone. I am exactly the opposite, I look for empty double deck tables. That is where I feel at home and made the most profits. I play shoes sometimes but I usually don't have success so I stay away from them for the most part. I have a lot of double deck games within my radius so I haven't had to get out of my comfort zone. I know at some point I will have to seriously improve my shoe game.
    My "comfort zone" even includes a particular seat at the table for counting and other advantages. I just like shoe games because every few shoes towards the end, the count is extremely high and that's when I pounce. Typically though I've been ramping up my bets so it's not obvious that I'm counting. If I start at $20 and it goes negative, I drop down to the table min. If it slowly creeps positive, I slowly increase to $30, $40, $50 and so on. When the count is very high towards the end of the shoe, I've already been betting $80 or more, so a bigger bet isn't out of the ordinary, especially if it appears that I'm "chasing losses" or "pressing my win." I've played at one table in the same seat for 19 hours straight before (the first 7 hours without a restroom break or missing a hand) racking up $3000 profit. Didn't get backed off and was given free dinner vouchers on top of that (plus a TON of tier points on my players card). I think this method is better for those like me who want to play a lot and get comps.

It's like a relationship, some like to hit it and quit it while others like the long term relationships... Personal preference I guess.

And to HowMany, thanks for the (back handed?) comment, but I was just trying to get this thread back to answering OP's question and ending the pissing contest over who said what, taxes and IQ's.......
    Vaya con Dios...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah View Post
    And to HowMany, thanks for the (back handed?) comment, but I was just trying to get this thread back to answering OP's question and ending the pissing contest over who said what, taxes and IQ's.......
    No "back-handed" comment from me........

Actually, I used the same spread (1-6) playing six deck games when I was first started counting. CVCX would show this strategy to be about "break even."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456