See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: ROR spreading from 3-6 hands

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ROR spreading from 3-6 hands

EDIT: Sensitive information. Norm please feel free to delete this thread.
    Last edited by Joker21; 07-12-2013 at 09:02 AM.

So your max bet is $1,800 (6x$300)? That's what, not much more than 25 max bets in your roll? I think your ROR, variance, and N0 would all be gigantic. Is there some specific reason you're spreading to so many hands, or is it "just because you can and there's no heat" type of thing?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

You are implying you will have 3 players on the same table, no? Covariance will be significant and lead to a higher risk than spread out. Regardless of that, if you or your teammates are the only players at the table you actually may not want to spread to multiple hands, you'll get less money on the table throughout the shoe. There's an excellent snippet about that in Schlesinger's blackjack attack. I bet I know the game you are talking about, hope you don't kill it before I make it back to that neck of the woods.

There's an advantage play behind the reason. I was thinking the ROR was probably close to 20% but that was more or less a complete guess and I wanted to figure out what the exact numbers were or what the formula for it was.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    You are implying you will have 3 players on the same table, no? Covariance will be significant and lead to a higher risk than spread out. Regardless of that, if you or your teammates are the only players at the table you actually may not want to spread to multiple hands, you'll get less money on the table throughout the shoe. There's an excellent snippet about that in Schlesinger's blackjack attack. I bet I know the game you are talking about, hope you don't kill it before I make it back to that neck of the woods.
    Yes 3 players at the same table. I believe the covariance would be 3.83 rather than the standard 1.33

Aah, I may or may not catch your drift. That would personally be beyond my risk tolerance assuming your numbers are roughly correct, but to each their own. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    Aah, I may or may not catch your drift. That would personally be beyond my risk tolerance assuming your numbers are roughly correct, but to each their own. Good luck.
    It is beyond mine as well, assuming my numbers are correct. Which is the reason I would like to figure out for certain if they are