See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to create a forum

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How to create a forum

I thought I'd share my experiences on operating a forum. So, I have created a PDF document detailing all you need to know on creation and operation of a public forum on the Internet.

See How to create a forum.pdf
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I think someone prophesied this before...

Quote Originally Posted by QFIT

People can post to my forum: http://www.qfit.com/blackjackforum/index.php. I just don't want high volume. No way I want Ken's headaches.
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/show...42&postcount=5
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That's funny Aussie. Hey as humans, we have the right to change our mind and have our thoughts evolve.

And, in Norms defense, when Ken's site shut down so abruptly, there was a lot of scrambling to find a new home. With Norm already having the ability and software, he seemed like the logical choice and even though he was reluctant, I think we all pressured him somewhat. I remember I posted the first post on the site, to which Norm replied, he had only set up the site, not sure if he really wanted to jump into it. I encouraged him as I am sure others did and things seemed to go pretty smoothly for the first year with most of that membership from the other site, behaving very civilized without all those issues from the other site.

But then sadly, things changed. And now Norm has all those headaches plus more with an enemy list doing everything in their power to sabotage things. I really just don't comprehend that mentality, and feel really bad for Norm for the time andeffort now required. I think it is important that he know, how much the 99% of us in the BJ community appreciate his efforts. Thanks so much, Norm.

+1 KJ. Norm, we appreciate what you are doing for the AP community and it's a shame that some infantile individuals can't act right. Many thanks.

+2
    "I did it for me..... I liked it. I was good at it...and I was...really...I was alive..."

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Norm, your PDF definitely got a real laugh from me. Glad you haven't lost your sense of humor.
    Managing a forum is definitely more work than it seems from outside.

Hang in there, and don't let it get you down. You've done a great job here.

I'm sure my post here might get people wondering about my decision, so here's an update:

I'm still quite happy with my decision to close BJInfo's forum. It was the right decision for me.

The site is doing well and traffic is good. With my extra time, I've traveled a lot, had my best gambling year ever last year, created a new product (Hi-Lo Index numbers on a basic strategy card anyone?), and have some major updates working their way through development.

In short, it's all good. I get to do what I want, all day every day. Can't beat that.

+3.14 :-)

Thanks, Norm!

Quote Originally Posted by KenSmith View Post
    Norm, your PDF definitely got a real laugh from me. Glad you haven't lost your sense of humor.

I'm sure my post here might get people wondering about my decision, so here's an update:

I'm still quite happy with my decision to close BJInfo's forum. It was the right decision for me.

The site is doing well and traffic is good. With my extra time, I've traveled a lot, had my best gambling year ever last year, created a new product (Hi-Lo Index numbers on a basic strategy card anyone?), and have some major updates working their way through development.

In short, it's all good. I get to do what I want, all day every day. Can't beat that.
    Ken!

Great to see you over here
    Chance favors the prepared mind

Quote Originally Posted by KenSmith View Post

Hey Ken! Also glad to see you here.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Norm. BTW, I run a forum and I total agree with you.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Many thanks Norm. Excellent KJ and Ken. Hard to find any fault with Norm and the job he is doing as there is little in mean spirited and arrogant posts while an abundance of good people helping others with compassionate replies. The archives are already full with information beyond the BJ books from experienced APs.
    We are lucky.
    Baberuth

Blog Entries

Ken, great to see you post and that you're using your newly salvaged time effectively

Couldn't resist the post. But, have to admit I was probably in the mood to elicit some understanding of the difficulties.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I thought I'd share my experiences on operating a forum. So, I have created a PDF document detailing all you need to know on creation and operation of a public forum on the Internet.

See How to create a forum.pdf

Owned by Norm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast