Thread: CVCX gets lots of run-time errors

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX gets lots of run-time errors

I can't quite figure it out... more than half the time I try to run a sim, it has a run time error. Oftentimes it will error when I try to load a previously run sim.

It also takes a pretty long time to load CVCX (30+ seconds) and sometimes it won't even open.

Are there any settings that'll mess it up or do I need to do anything to fix this?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Blog Entries

Sounds like a bad install or Windows problem. What are the run-time errors?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Make sure you have ALL your Windows updates. That seemed to have helped me. Also, just before you go to bed schedule the Error Checker in Windows to run on reboot.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Blog Entries

If it's a recent CD, I have had problems in recent years during extreme heat waves.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Sorry haven't had time to check the errors. If I remember correctly, I was getting errors 6 and 9, but I'll double check when I get home and post here again.

I installed it almost exactly a year ago, using the online download.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Ha ha I feel you. It is a great program, but when running very large sims I have to be careful not to stress my computer with other programs as well. If I do my computer will just shut down. I think it may be from the processor temp getting too high, but it is odd that the computer does not recognize when I start it up again that it had a major failure.

Yours does sound like a reinstall could help.

Blog Entries

If you are having failures of that type, you may need to vacuum the fans and CPU cooler.

I'll give it a fresh install.

Do I need the CD to have it updated to the most current version, or can I find all the updates on qfit.com?

Unfortunately, I have a laptop so it might be a bit difficult to vacuum him out. But, I don't think I'm having temperature or dust/build-up issues as it's a fairly new laptop. Processor is an i7, so I certainly hope that's not an issue!

Blog Entries

No CD required. If you have an i7 in a laptop, you might want to reduce the number of threads. An i7 can use up 95 watts, 150 watts for the extreme, without overclocking, That's a lot of heat to shed in a laptop. Think how hot a light bulb gets without be enclosed. You can quickly hit 80°C, which will shut down an i7.
    Last edited by Norm; 07-12-2013 at 04:23 AM.