Thread: CVData/CVCX Sims: Different counts for different player hand vs dealer upcards?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVData/CVCX Sims: Different counts for different player hand vs dealer upcards?

Is there any way to setup CVData or CVCX to sim a playing strategy which uses different counts for different hands? For example, the count tags for 12v2 and the playing deviation index would be completely different than the count used for 16vT, and so on? I know this is a strange question but assume I have a good reason for wanting to sim this. Ideally, I'd like to do this combined with another different count for betting strategy purposes, and yet another count for insurance purposes.

Blog Entries

With CVData, you can essentially use two counts for playing using the multi-parameter count feature. You can use a different count for playing and betting with the betting side count feature. You can use a perfect Insurance count in addition to your normal count.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks, but I'm not sure that the MPC feature is what I want. I can't see how I would use it to set different tags for 12v2 compared to 16vT, for example. Let's say (completely random numbers here) I want the tags to be {-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,-1} when evaluating 12v2 and deviate from BS at a TC index of 2, and I want the tags to be {-1,2,2,2,2,1,0,0,0,-2} when evaluating 16vT and deviate from BS at a TC of 1. How could I do this? I'd like to do this for over two dozen combinations of hands vs dealer upcard, in the same system. I understand it's completely unrealistic as a human count, but I have a need to sim this anyway.

Blog Entries

If you mean multiple, balanced, true counts, no, CVData can't do that. CVData was designed to sim humans. MP counting is the human method of improving PE for specific hands. Frankly, I never believed MP counts anywhere near the effort.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Hrm, I guess I'll sim parts and do some hand work. Won't be getting everything I want out of it but I should be able to get the big picture, thanks. Yeah, this is not for human counting but chapter 13 of CAA is mighty interesting and might open up some interesting opportunities.

Blog Entries

Card counting is a compromise designed for humans. Cyborgs would have no need for such compromises.