See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Maximise DD profit potential with side count & other AP play

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Maximise DD profit potential with side count & other AP play

hi guys i plan on playing mostly DD games when i travel to vegas. i have heard many times and in particular after reading the Carlston interview yesterday that he wished he adopted more advanced skills ealier in his career.

i was wondering what the most profitable ap plays are for DD games, and 6 deck.

Obviously hole carding would be great if it can be found but i was wondering if you come across this type of game how does affect your strategy? what strategy would you implement if you can see the hole card?

What about keeping a side count of aces? How beneficial is this to me? what are the best ap plays for DD & 6 deck.

If you want to pm thats cool, i understand and i would be greatful for any advice.

cheers, 85

probably should be in the advanced section,.......

Just learn the strategy, e.g HiLo or whatever. The major thing is perfecting your play and not necessarily the system. But as far as the side counts I would worry about it too much. Maybe Aces though. Remember that the major thing is deck pen. An 8D shoe can be much better than DD if there is good pen. I think - Munch or Norm would know about this - that each additional 0.5D pen is worth a late surrender, that is an 0.15% extra. BTW I'm not trying to get you away from playing DD however for now I would start off on shoes. One thing is if the count is off by one on DD it's a lot more damaging than being one card off on a shoe.
    Last edited by BigJer; 06-20-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "I did it for me..... I liked it. I was good at it...and I was...really...I was alive..."

Norms free book has all the info you would ever need on HC play (blackjack wise anyway )
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

thanks mr white thats gold.
    aussie.....chapter 15 cheers

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The count fluctuates fast in DD and bet spreads follow. You need a good cover plan with a short session and move to the next DD game. There are many in Vegas. Getting the bigger bets out there with proper cover is key. Playing10+ short sessions should produce a good day.

agreed

instead of side counting aces, keep a side running count of aces and deuces using hi-opt-1 (don't do any of this with hi-lo). this is the count i use for sd and dd now instead of side counting aces. it's easier and slightly more effective. got the idea from tthree (good lookin out man! love it!).
    big dog in charge

Banned or Suspended

To succeed at DD games use a spread that is "polite" enough for short sessions -- to keep you from being 86'd.

That being said, you need to use Hi-Opt II or Advanced Omega II, both with Side-Counted Aces (and Sevens).

If Side-Counting is beyond your ability, then ZEN is the weakest count that you should even consider using.

Recreational Counts like Hi-Lo, K. O. etc. have weak Playing Efficiencies and, as such, are not geared to DD games.

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Tthree, What it will be better?-

Have DD 50% pen.

1. Hi Opt2 sc A
    or
    2. Hi Lo + i know one superfluous Ten in play zone, or one 5 outside.

I was tired to listen to conversations about good systems.