Thread: Does it lower the bet spread require to beat blackjack?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Does it lower the bet spread require to beat blackjack?

Does it require less bet spread to beat shoe games when I play one hand when the house has an advantage and play two hands when the player has an advantage? I know for a six game it will require about 1-12 bet spread. If I spread to two hands could the game be beaten with 1-6 bet spread?

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I know for a six game it will require about 1-12 bet spread. If I spread to two hands could the game be beaten with 1-6 bet spread?
    I think the answer is no. (I suppose this is a test of blackjack IQ, so i'll give it a whirl) One hand of 12 units and two hands of 9 units would have the same RoR, so your 1-12 single hand spread would have a similar RoR as a 1x1 to 2x9 spread. A spread of 1x1 to 2x6 would be the same as a single hand 1-8 spread which would not be enough to beat your game without wonging. If you consider going to 2x9 is "lowering your spread" then I suppose the answer to your question is yes, but going to 2x6 seems to narrow. Now, there may be other factors to consider, like whether you get more heat spreading to two hands and how that affects your longevity, so I'd be interested in what others would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermediate View Post
    I think the answer is no. (I suppose this is a test of blackjack IQ, so i'll give it a whirl) One hand of 12 units and two hands of 9 units would have the same RoR, so your 1-12 single hand spread would have a similar RoR as a 1x1 to 2x9 spread. A spread of 1x1 to 2x6 would be the same as a single hand 1-8 spread which would not be enough to beat your game without wonging. If you consider going to 2x9 is "lowering your spread" then I suppose the answer to your question is yes, but going to 2x6 seems to narrow. Now, there may be other factors to consider, like whether you get more heat spreading to two hands and how that affects your longevity, so I'd be interested in what others would say.
    This could as be a simulation question. I think I should run sims to find out for sure could one beat blackjack with 2 hands of 1-6 bet spread.

There are games that can be beaten with 1-6 spread. Most likely 1-6 spread will beat a game is with wong in/out. 1 x 1 to 2 x 6 is about 1-9 spread . It is only about 1-9 spread , not very precise of course. Hi lo is also not very precise ( but good enough) but it gets the money as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    There are games that can be beaten with 1-6 spread. Most likely 1-6 spread will beat a game is with wong in/out. 1 x 1 to 2 x 6 is about 1-9 spread . It is only about 1-9 spread , not very precise of course. Hi lo is also not very precise ( but good enough) but it gets the money as well.
    How did you come up with 2 x 6 bet spread is equal to 1-9 spread in one hand?

I read it in bja 3 or pro bj ., i think . but i can be wrong . It is only a close estimate .1-6 spread can beat a game if wong in/out with decent to good rules of course. Also look at Blackjack for blood 's author's post on short term variance of 2 hands vs 1 hand.

Heads up play, a spread of one hand of $100 to one hand of $2000 is the same as one hand of $100 to two hands of $1333 in terms of spread. When bouncing from 1 to two hands you have to figure card eating and the resulting change in the number of rounds you will play into the effect of your bet spread.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigplayer View Post
    Heads up play, a spread of one hand of $100 to one hand of $2000 is the same as one hand of $100 to two hands of $1333 in terms of spread. When bouncing from 1 to two hands you have to figure card eating and the resulting change in the number of rounds you will play into the effect of your bet spread.
    You mention card eating. From my understanding it requires a big bankroll to card eat. Do you agree?