See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: perfect system. Never get barred.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JBX2 View Post
    Finally, I confess...
    Yes, this ACTUAL scenario is impossible to sim. (At least not that my software can do.)
    That's ok. With CV Data, you could sim everything you're talking about. And I suspect that your actual RoR is much bigger than 24%. Using that kind of cover on a 50% pen game is worse than you think.

honestly i'm just repeating what i've heard b/c you prolly have more exp. than me, but anyways,

better and lest costly cover would probably be waiting a round or two after a table of high cards (if multiplayer). A less intelligent pit would be much less likely to catch on. Also, you may be better off making a couple of playing decisions to throw off the scent-- stand on some 16 v 10s, get them to think that you are passive, superstitious and don't want to bust on a neutral count. Think about what the situations look like, and obey the illusions of BJ for them- that you're playing Vs. them. even though through the rules, the dealer doesn't technically have a "hand", he has pats and flops generated by your hits, so make it blatant that it is "my hand vs the dealers hand". exaggerate the effects of removal on cards where statistically it makes no difference, i.e. call for cards that you haven't seen, or have. Just slightly play towards their outlook of you, don't overexaggerate. Also, if ur going to be doing any cover, you should practice doing it when on a horrid losing streak. seems easy to cover when you're winning, but losing tons while cover = tougher (i presume). U may be better off with what i'm planning to do, is if you really want to start the shoe at non-flatbet, bring an extra five units that you would have never brought, just for that first hand(s). That way, if it's gone, it's gone, and it feels less a part of your bankroll and more of a "hey ***** this is my one TRUE GAMBLE bonus bet!" for you.
    Last edited by NaLaAa; 06-15-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Yes, you are right ZEN, the ROR is brutal.
    Actually, i am finding this out lately.
    Still, I find the theory interesting, unique, intriguing and -- if you've got 100,000 sitting around and it means nothing to you. FUN to try!!

One more idea. Check this out:

My bankroll is $50,000.
    This game is the same lousy game described above: DD, DAS, NoRSA, NoLS, and all with a 50% cut.
    Not good.
    But, here's what you do.
    Bet $300 right off the top. And you never bet more than $300. And you keep putting $300 out there as long as the count is at all pos.
    If the count drops negative, when you lose a hand, you decrease it to 25$. Increase to 50$ when you win.
    So, here's what beautiful, it looks like the only times you are increasing your wager is when the count is negative!!
    Chances are, with a neg count, the deck won't go > +4, so you just ride it out $25-50, unil the shuffle.
    You can run this one.
    119 hands per hour with one other player. 180 solo.
    E.V 0.5%.
    With one other player, you make $120 and hour!! $155 per hour solo!!
    Yes, the (big) downside, your ROR, even with 50 grand, is 52%. Not good.
    But still, say what you will, I think it's brilliant.

A system with 52% ROR is not "brilliant". The only way it'd be brilliant is if your EV was some astronomical number, with a small BR that's "okay" if it ruins out. I think most of your EV from your system comes from index plays, not from proper betting correlation (ramping with the count).

Other things that you have to take into consideration is N0, SCORE, and variance.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by JBX2 View Post
    But still, say what you will, I think it's brilliant.
    Oh my is this borderline delusional ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12