See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackjack Memes

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

http://memegenerator.net/instance/43...meSpan=AllTime

Really dislike people *****ing after they lose or dealer doesnt bust or something, but play it correctly. As if they chose to lose on purpose??
    "If only I would have stayed on my pair of 4's, the dealer would have busted when he had a ten showing."
    No ****. Thank you captain hindsight. Stay on your pair of fours for now on.

Ha! Those are my favorite players -- they should'a won every hand in hindsight. I love players at the craps table. When there's a 7 out, they'll say, "Damnit! I knew a 7 was coming!!" Ummm....so why didn't your turn your bets off? Or y'know, throw out a table max on a 3-way 7 bet?

What's sad though, is people feel like their losses are a fluke, kind of like when someone "ruins the flow" and they start losing -- that gives them future hope to continue playing (in the future) because they didn't really lose, someone else caused them to lose and it's not their (own) fault.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Banned or Suspended

Have the embedded images stopped working on this forum for you guys, or is it just me?

They all started showing "broken image" icon about a day or two ago. Clicking on 'em is fine, they appear okay in the popup light box, but the thumbnails aren't working here for me any more.

-DBJT

I get them fine on the computer, but none of them ever show up on my iPad or iPhone. I wish I knew how to fix that, as I rarely open my computer on trips.

OK this is weird, on an older laptop running Vista and old FireFox version, NOW I'm seeing TEXT for the thumbnail images, says "Click image for larger version. Name: blklost.jpg Views: 18 Size: 13.5 KB ID: 1388" and like that, for each file, with filename and size info and views etc (but no thumbnail, no broken-image icon either, just a text link).

I'll try it again a bit later on updated Firefox, and/or maybe check Safari on my MacBook.

BTW the broken-images I was getting before was using the current version Google Chrome.

Damn browsers. Always something different. Weird.

-DBJT
    Last edited by DBJT; 12-03-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Banned or Suspended

What you just described is what you get if you are a non-paying guest. I noticed that a while back, before I paid $36. After I paid, it was normal pics.

Well Kat I *am* a paying subscriber, but that's what I got on the old FF version even logged in.

Actually I just checked it on Safari (Windows version) -- when not logged in it shows JUST the file name (not the other text stuff).

BUT then, yes, after you log in THEN the little images show up (in Safari/Win anyway).

So maybe that's part of it but I dunno, still seems like something else broken maybe.

-DBJT

P.S. OK this *IS* a weird bug, because NOW I'm checking in a really OLD version of Google Chrome (version 12.0.742.91) that I use, set up as a "portable app". (Basically this is the only way to get Chrome to NOT do it's automatic-update trick...) and now on THIS ancient version, the little thumbnail pictures are ALL FINE!

That's why I noticed this only in the last day or two... I've been using a fully up-to-date Chrome install for some other website testing stuff, last couple days. My "usual Chrome" is the OLD portable-app version.

So, this is some bug/quirk that's fine in old Chrome but now broken in the current, updated Chrome. Nice. Good job Google!

Anyway... Norm, if you see any of this 'bug report' here in the MEMES thread, do you care about this?

Want me to copy it to a "bug report" in the other forum, support section, or is this just cosmetic quirk and not worth fixing?

P.P.S. OK, last edit, just checked in FireFox (portable version but up to date, version 24) and same thing, only TEXT for the image links after logging in and only text filename BEFORE logging in. No graphic-image thumbnails...

May be a VBulletin "permissions" issue, something gakked after the change-over to subscription for some members accounts?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...s-are-attached
    Last edited by DBJT; 12-03-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added more info in PS... then added second PS

Banned or Suspended

DB, I'm nothing of a geek, but in recent times I noted some glitches disappear after I uninstalled Chrome, reinstal Chrome, and then do a scan/analysis-fix... and same for Firefox. As Dog Hand would say, hope this helps.

Blog Entries

The bugs in the various browsers are an enormous pain. Get around one bug in one browser, and another appears in an update to another browser.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

If I'm not mistaken, the ancient hawaiians used to say, "Printers are to college students just as web browsers are to web developers."
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast