Thread: Weekend's Best Ploppy Moves

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah View Post

TL;DR
    -Fully doubles down a $25 bet with a hard 14 vs dealer 10
    -Draws a 2
    -Wins
    -Smug ploppy thinks he's better than everyone and leaves up $100 or so
    This burns me once and a while, I have been grinding out shoes to eek out the profit thats in it and some goof comes to the table and does some crazy stuff with neg and neutral counts he walks with away with 500-700 dollars while Im still flat betting in a neutral count. I just tell myself in the long run that guy will loose and be broke.

I got the stink eye for hitting A7 vs 10 last night. Also got an ultra cranky ploppy lady get mad when I wonged in and plopped my bet down for one hand. She said I messed up the shoe.

I just wanted to be like "seriously, you're one of THOSE people?" This magic order of the shoe thing never stops to amaze me.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Wind Them Up

I approached a table looking for a seat. The dealer was showing an ace.

Ploppy: You shouldn't sit here; she's been making blackjack on these all day. I guarantee you that she has blackjack now.
    Me (devils advocate): Then you should take insurance.
    Ploppy: No, insurance is a sucker bet.
    Me: But you just told me that she has blackjack guaranteed.
    Ploppy: Yup, I'd bet big money on it.
    Me: Then you should take insurance.
    Ploppy: No, it's a sucker bet
    Me: It's a bet that the dealer has blackjack.
    Ploppy: I guess so.
    Me: And you just told me you would bet big money that she has blackjack.
    Ploppy: Yeah, I would.
    Me: Then you should take insurance
    Ploppy: No, it's a side bet for suckers

I don't know what the count was, so I don't know if the insurance was warranted. It was just interesting to witness the contradiction in his logic. I should have offered him an even money bet on the blackjack, although it turns out that the dealer did have it.
    Last edited by Gronbog; 06-11-2013 at 09:18 AM.

or better yet...

^ It's always bugged me how everyone is amazed by whatshisface making 21, and yet he had next card information and didn't double down. Everyone's a ploppy!

Quote Originally Posted by hitthat16 View Post
    Also got an ultra cranky ploppy lady get mad
    Get her madder and say something like, "Women belong at the slots, not tables." She'll probably find another table.

In that Austin Powers video, is that dealer the soup nazi?

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    No Blackjack for you!!!!
    Elaine never did give his recipes back. Any wonder he stayed a pissed Nazi.
    Soup-Nazi.jpg
    Last edited by Kat; 06-11-2013 at 04:03 PM.

"I don't care what anybody, ANYBODY, tells you: the cards played have no effect on the cards still to be played." Fifteen minutes later "We have a 1 percent disadvantage. Somebody who counts cards has a 1 percent advantage, and that is just not worth it."

You know those orange Italian people from New Jersey? There's about 3 of them around this table, and I see a huge-ass stack of black chips. He has a second hand, 4 purples on it. Then I realize, he had 2,2 verse the dealer 9, but was splitting them ($2k each). He gets another 2, so borrows $2k from a friend like it's chump change. Gets an ace, so borrows another $2k from a friend, and doubles his A2v9 and gets a 3 or something. Gets more sh*t cards, keeps doubling and splitting. At one point, he runs to the ATM to pull out ONE HUNDRED $20's.

Fast forward ten minutes, I see 4 hands (split from a starting 2,2v9), 3 of the hands were doubles. At $2k per bet, that's $14,000 on the round. He has **** like soft-15, a 16, I think one hard 17, and a 13 or 14. You can see the pit critters are licking their chops, practically tugging at eachother's you-know-whats.

Dealer shows her two from underneath, totalling 11. The critters are just about foaming at their mouths. Dealer pulls a 5 for 16 then a face to bust with 26. Player gets paid out his $14K in winnings and pays back his friends with however he owed them. He continues playing, and keeps doing ridiculous stuff, like doubling soft hands verse a face, hitting 16v4, you know. The critters are thinking, "Ah, as long as he keeps playing, we'll get his money back and maybe even more!" but of course, no matter how poorly this orange man played his hands, he keeps winning! Sure, he loses some, but for the most part he keeps on winning. Few minutes later, critters from the other pit are watching the table, there are 2-3 security guards just around the corner acting all non-challant (yeah....). Critters are on their red-phones, others are openning up their cell phones and frantically punching in something. They're trying to figure out what's going on. What was really going on? A lucky oompa-loompa defying all odds.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    You know those orange Italian people from New Jersey?
    Watch yourself!

Checking again....Nope still don't have orange skin.
    Last edited by njrich; 06-11-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Here are those orange people...

tumblr_inline_mlueryvpMK1rpcfbi.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast