See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend's Best Ploppy Moves

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Weekend's Best Ploppy Moves

i'm always riveted by ploppy moves. Here are the top three for this weekend I observed at, of course, a 126CSM... with 6 players.

1 Calls for a hit on his 16 V 6. (Twice in two rounds!)
    2 55 V 6 and he fails to double. (Scores an ace!)

and the award for King Plop for the weekend goes to...

3 Stands on A5 V 10. LOL WELL PLAYED, PLOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Stands on A5 V 10
    I saw a neighboring player with A5 v 5 recently. He was debating what to do. I told him I'd take his double if he didn't want it. He said, "no thanks, I'll ljust stay."

Top ploppy award for the weekend goes to the dealer who hit soft 19 and ended up pushing my 17!

I had a dealer push my hard 16 against dealer 17 was awesome lol

My RP award goes to the RP playing first base who told me "You are killing us down here" (I was playing third)

Saw a few 14+ hits vs 6 this weekend.

Dealer pushed my 3 card 16 to her 3 card 18.

I'm not surprised by these ridiculous ploppy moves anymore.....I'm actually quite impressed when I see players hitting S18vT, doubling S19v6. Hell, even hitting 12v2/3 and staying 12v5/6 is impressive!!
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

i sat down at a sd game this weekend and within the first 5 minutes i hit a 17 vs T, hit 16 vs 6, and hit AA vs T. it was driving the other lady playing batty! got to the point that the dealer was asking to see my cards before i made a decision.
    big dog in charge

Quote Originally Posted by steveistheman84 View Post
    i sat down at a sd game this weekend and within the first 5 minutes i hit a 17 vs T, hit 16 vs 6, and hit AA vs T. it was driving the other lady playing batty! got to the point that the dealer was asking to see my cards before i made a decision.
    OMG. How far down did the count get? I think the hit for a 17 vs 10 is anything below TC-7.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    He probably didn't want to take the dealer bust card.
    LOL. There were 3 of us at a DD table. This ploppy stayed on 2 and 5 against a dealer 6. You read that right! 2 and 5 - a total of 7, not soft. Both me, dealer and other player was explaining he needed to hit. He was firm that he's not taking the dealer's bust card.

Oh no poor dude haha

This weekend - 'This game is boring' and 'I cant understand how to play it'.... Clever guy.

I hit A7 vs dealer 10. Dealer give me a 9. I stand.

SuperPloppy at 3rd base, while staring at his 8,5 announced to the table "The book says hit, but since that guy (I'm "that guy") messed up the cards by hitting 18, I gotta stand so the cards will be right again."

Anyway, the dealer breaks, and the table wins! SuperPloppy saved the table! Three cheers for SuperPloppy!

I'm sitting in Seat 1, two other players sitting in seats 4-5. 6 deck, H17, $25 min table. Relatively new shoe (so no back counting) and two sober mid-20's guys walk up, both look like they came from the local country club. Guy #1 who sits next to me is "explaining" how to play blackjack to his friend but is talking nonsense. It's clear that Guy #2 has no idea what he's doing. Both buy in for $100. The resident "expert" Guy #1 tries to hand the dealer money. At this point I think he's seen a clip of BJ in a movie which makes him the know-it-all.

First hand Guy #1 hits a BJ for $37.50. Nonsense talk ensues about how he's good at blackjack as if that wasn't luck. After several odd plays (standing on soft A4 type hands, not doubling when he should, and doubling with weaker odds), Guy #1 is surprisingly up a few bets and Guy #2 is down one.

Then this gem.......

Fairly neutral count, which as you will see doesn't matter. Dealer has a 10 up card. Guy #1 has a hard 14. He places an additional $25 chip out there and says "Double Down." Dealer and I repeatedly ask him if he's sure, tell him that among his odd plays this is the worst, try to talk him out of it, etc. He kindly rejects our advice and still requests the double down. Dealer gives him a 2 for a 16. Other players draw cards etc.

Dealer flips over a 4 hole card and a 10 to bust. Guy #1 looks very smug. I mean, if you looked up smug in the dictionary you'd see his face and mannerisms. Maybe even pompous. A smug, pompous ploppy. Guy #1 talks some nonsense to Guy #2 explaining his "logic" to that unconventional play. Honestly if he was speaking Klingon it would've made more sense to me. He and his friend decide to leave the table because he didn't want to play with people who didn't know how to play, etc (talking about the dealer and I mostly as we had been trying to "teach" him how to play since he sat down as he was terrible but just lucky).

TL;DR
    -Fully doubles down a $25 bet with a hard 14 vs dealer 10
    -Draws a 2
    -Wins
    -Smug ploppy thinks he's better than everyone and leaves up $100 or so
    Last edited by JohnnyUtah; 06-11-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Spelling!
    Vaya con Dios...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast