Thread: The Prince: Index Numbers and Multi Parameter tables

The Prince

The Prince: Index Numbers and Multi Parameter tables

What's the best way to go about generating index numbers and multiparameter tables for a count. Do you just pop some numbers in a simulator, or do you have to have a deeper understanding of mathematics to really fine tune and perfect these numbers. For instance, if you're trying to figure out MP tables for the 8 and 9 in high opt II (or any system, for that matter), can you just use a simulator and trust the results implicitly? If so, which simulator? Or do you have to just buy a book from a mathematics guru who has already figured out the numbers?

The Prince

Cacarulo

Cacarulo: Re: Index Numbers and Multi Parameter tables

> What's the best way to go about generating
    > index numbers and multiparameter tables for
    > a count. Do you just pop some numbers in a
    > simulator, or do you have to have a deeper
    > understanding of mathematics to really fine
    > tune and perfect these numbers. For
    > instance, if you're trying to figure out MP
    > tables for the 8 and 9 in high opt II (or
    > any system, for that matter), can you just
    > use a simulator and trust the results
    > implicitly? If so, which simulator? Or do
    > you have to just buy a book from a
    > mathematics guru who has already figured out
    > the numbers?

The way I would play a MP system is by using one or more secondary unbalanced counts for each rank of cards I'm interested in. This is the easiest part and a simulator could be used to derive indices. The problem is that you can't go into tracking cards without doing the math first. This is the tough part.
    Questions like:
    1) Which card I should track?
    2) Which plays are improved with respect to the main count?
    3) Which plays are better correlated when side-counting one particular rank?
    4) Should I use a combination of the main-count with the side-count?
    5) Should I track more than one rank?
    6) Should I use a combination of main and ranks?
    7) Should I use a combination of ranks only?

As you can see, there are many variables we should know in advance.

Example: Cac/7 count (Hi-Lo with a side count of sevens)

Here the seven is used in combination with the main count for betting purposes mainly raising the Hi-Lo BC from 0.96 to 0.98. But it can be used alone in order to improve 14vT. The seven alone increases this PC from 0.41 to 0.83! The other play you can use this count for is insurance but it has to be combined with the main count. In this case the IC goes from 0.79 to 0.81 (in 1D).
    Of course, we can add a side-count of eights if we wanted to improve plays like 12v9, 13v9 and 13vT. Also we can keep track of a side-count of nines if we wanted to improve 12vT, 12v9, 12v8 and 13vT.
    But how do you know apriori which plays are improved?

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Cac