Thread: Zenfighter: Seeking Don's and Cac's advice

Zenfighter

Zenfighter: Seeking Don's and Cac's advice

Let me tell you both my intentions to extract full EoR?s tables for splitting and resplitting (with and without DAS) normalized to SD. I honestly think TOB?s ones need to be completed and perfected in this field, despite the fact and the general rule, that trying to prove Griffin is wrong, tends to be an exercise in futility.

The problem is that before starting to work, I need to be completely sure that the correct method is being applied.

I opened TOB today and reread again ?How to use these Tables? (page 86, 4th edition)
    and to my surprise Peter stated:

Don?t forget to remove the dealer?s up card as well as the cards in the player?s hand,
    since all these tables assume a 52 card deck from which dealer?s and player?s cards have not been removed.

A contradictio in terminis with Cac?s recommendation to remove directly from a 52 pack and not from a 55 one.

Cacarulo?s method yields and exactly mean, on the other hand, so I feel myself somehow bamboozled among slightly different expert?s opinions.

So, I will need a serious advice from both of you, which in agreement it will be final for me.

Sincerely yours
    Z

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Seeking Don's and Cac's advice

> I opened TOB today and reread again ?How to
    > use these Tables? (page 86, 4th edition)
    > and to my surprise Peter stated:

> Don?t forget to remove the dealer?s up card
    > as well as the cards in the player?s hand,
    > since all these tables assume a 52 card deck
    > from which dealer?s and player?s cards have
    > not been removed. A contradiction in
    > terms with Cac?s recommendation to remove
    > directly from a 52 pack and not from a 55
    > one.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the contradiction. Each is telling you that the values assume starting with a 52-card pack, from which you now must remove the three cards that begin the hand. Why do you feel there is a contradiction?

Don

Cacarulo

Cacarulo: Re: Seeking Don's and Cac's advice

> I opened TOB today and reread again ?How to
    > use these Tables? (page 86, 4th edition)
    > and to my surprise Peter stated:

> Don?t forget to remove the dealer?s up card
    > as well as the cards in the player?s hand,
    > since all these tables assume a 52 card deck
    > from which dealer?s and player?s cards have
    > not been removed. A contradictio in
    > terminis with Cac?s recommendation to remove
    > directly from a 52 pack and not from a 55
    > one.

There's no contradiction. Perhaps you should also read the appendix A (page 95).

Sincerely,
    Cacarulo

Zenfighter

Zenfighter: Re: I trust you both, thanks :-) *NM*