> I was also surprised to find A2 v 5 listed by Wong as "hit." (I'm looking at the chart in "Blackjack Secrets.")

I've explained this quite often. Wong ran sims to determine his BS and then stuck by them, no matter what answer they gave. He knows that hitting is the "wrong" play, but didn't want to violate his own algorithm for such a borderline decision.

But, he's taken a lot of criticism for having knowingly supplied the wrong play. In my view, he should have changed it to double and then furnished an explanation, in a footnote, that his computer actually said hit. Instead, he looks needlessly "wrong" in the eyes of many readers.

In any event, there is no one, official "generic" basic strategy. Anyone can come up with one. Indeed, I've seen a few decent books, each with a different "one BS fits all" generic flavor.

And, of course, the moment you introduce either counter's basic strategy or risk-averse BS into the equation, you complicate matters even more, which is why I didn't even bring them up.

Each is not unique, even with a given set of rules. Each depends on the bet scheme used by the player, and so, trying to agree is quite hopeless.

Don