There have been a few comments lately about the effect of counting Red7's as +1 instead of counting all Sevens as +.5. Clearly there must be some difference in accuracy. But the comments have characterized the difference from insignificant to large. So, I though I'd run some sims. I ran two sims each for three sets of circumstances as follows:

[*]6D, S17, DAS, 1-15, 4.5/6, Accurate catch 20 indexes[*]6D, S17, DAS, 1-15, 4.5/6, Compromise indexes from BiB second edition[*]SD, H17, nDAS, 1-4, 58% pen, Accurate catch 20 indexes[/list]

Below are the resulting SCOREs:

Red7 Level II (counting all Sevens as +0.5) won in all three case; which is hardly a surprise. The damage caused by using the Red Sevens only for the three cases was:

6D accurate: 2.6%
    6D compromise: 3.2%
    SD accurate: 1.7%

I'm a bit surprised that the compromise indexes were more impacted than the accurate indexes. I really didn't know how the SD vs. 6D numbers would come out.

As to the question of whether these are significant differences; that's up to the reader. My own personal opinion is that these are not big differences.