Hi, everyone.

Having just upgraded to BJA3 and purchased a copy of CVCX, I'm excited to start experimenting. Before starting to plug in my own variations, I decided to see if I could replicate some of the numbers in BJA3 Chapter 10. Unfortunately, I'm having no luck at all. The numbers aren't even close. For example, for 1-Deck, S17, 31/52 pen, and 1-2 spread, using the canned CVCX sim with settings to match the book's (I think), I get 34.99 for the c-SCORE. The benchmark SCORE as given in the book is 41.41.

Reading through the CVCX Help, I found the following:

"Bankroll Growth - This is the default method of bet optimization. Bets are calculated to maximize bankroll growth. This is the same as calculating bets for the highest desirability index with a risk of ruin at about 13.5%. Instead of using the method in Blackjack Attack Chapter 10, a newer technique used in BJA Chapter 11 is used based on a paper written by Brett Harris in October 1997. This technique provides superior optimal bets."

It's possible that this is the reason for the difference, but if so, I'm surprised at the magnitude of the difference.

I also found the following in Help:

"CVCX does not use the same method as BJA Chapter 10. You can use the More button to change the calculation methodology to match BJA. But, the default method is the newer and more accurate method used to create BJA Chapter 11."

I can't seem to find this option. Can someone tell me where the More button is?

Any other ideas for what might explain the discrepancies?

Thanks!