Thread: Newbie: Software for generating indicies

Newbie: Software for generating indicies

hi all, i'm looking to invest in a software primarily to generate indices and to compare systems...can anyone recommend? i know Norm would have a word to say about his products...

btw do CVCX or bj678 generate indicies? i've tried CVCX demo and thought it is great for comparing systems. bj678 is a lot cheaper but i doubt it's as good as SBA or Norm's products. nevertheless some veteren told me to save $$ and just get the bj678 if all i do is to sim under regular rules...

plz give me advice. my goal is to generate indicies for different games and rules...

ES

ES: Re: Software for generating indicies

CVData, not CVCX, generates indices as do BJ678 and SBA.

Parker

Parker: Re: Software for generating indicies

> hi all, i'm looking to invest in a software
    > primarily to generate indices and to compare
    > systems...can anyone recommend? i know Norm
    > would have a word to say about his
    > products...

> btw do CVCX or bj678 generate indicies? i've
    > tried CVCX demo and thought it is great for
    > comparing systems. bj678 is a lot cheaper
    > but i doubt it's as good as SBA or Norm's
    > products. nevertheless some veteren told me
    > to save $$ and just get the bj678 if all i
    > do is to sim under regular rules...

> plz give me advice. my goal is to generate
    > indicies for different games and rules...

Buy the CVCX/CVData combo (CVData can generate indices). It will do everything you want and a whole lot more. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that you own the best product of its kind available at any price.

Compared to what you will likely bet at the tables over a lifetime, the cost is trivial.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Software for generating indicies

CVData & SBA gen indexes. BJ678 generates indexes - it just doesn't use a valid method. At least last I looked it only looked at the first two cards. Even if it the method was valid, it's too slow to run an adequate number of situations even if you gave it a month.

AdvantageRay

AdvantageRay: Finally got the CVdata/CVCX package..

Ive had it a week now, haven't had time to even scratch the surface of what it can do, and I am already thrilled with the purchase. It truely is as amazing as everybody says it is...
    Highly recommended, even for first time sim users such as myself

D