Thread: Small Player: CV Data 3 Q for Norm

Small Player

Small Player: CV Data 3 Q for Norm

Will CV Data 3 allow basic strategy, i.e. non-counting simulations using any of the following composition dependent strategies:

1. Stand with 3-or-more-card hard 16 v. 10,

2. Fred Renzey's Rule of 45, i.e. stand with hard 16 v. 10 if any of your cards is either a 4 or a 5, or

3. Hit 10, 2 v. 4?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Some A's

Note: All features are subject to change before release

> Will CV Data 3 allow basic strategy, i.e.
    > non-counting simulations using any of the
    > following composition dependent strategies:

Actually, both counting and non-counting

> 1. Stand with 3-or-more-card hard 16 v. 10,

V3 includes the ability to specify different indexes or decisions for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and >6 card hands. So, you can have up to six different indexes per decision. This is used for rules like double on any number of cards. The correct decision for 10v7 is double unless four or more cards. It could also be used to specify indexes in this manner. I may also add a specific decision of 3 or more card 16v10, as exists in CVBJ, because this is so common.

> 2. Fred Renzey's Rule of 45, i.e. stand with
    > hard 16 v. 10 if any of your cards is either
    > a 4 or a 5, or

I plan to include in V3 full CD indexes for two and three cards but haven't quite finished the code so I can't guarantee it. (Should know in a few days.) Up to 400 CD indexes could be used. Each of the seven players could have 400 different CD indexes. Actually the plan is much more complex. Each of the players could have 400 different CD indexes for each section of the shoe, or for six different bankroll sizes for a total of 15,000 CD indexes in one sim. I expect only a small change in sim speed even if 15,000 CD indexes are used.

> 3. Hit 10, 2 v. 4?

Yes, the Doctor Pepper Rule would also be supported in the same manner.

Small Player

Small Player: Re: Some A's

Thanks. CV Data 3 will be amazing.