Thread: Shark: Question about BJRM2000

Shark

Shark: Question about BJRM2000

When using the one second sim in a "play two hands of" mode, doesn't "win/100" represent win per 100 rounds instead of win per 100 hands?
    The reason I ask is that when you put the cursor on this cell it says : win per 100 hands played (or observed, if back counting). Thanks, Shark

John Auston

John Auston: Re: Question about BJRM2000

> When using the one second sim in a
    > "play two hands of" mode, doesn't
    > "win/100" represent win per 100
    > rounds instead of win per 100 hands?
    > The reason I ask is that when you put the
    > cursor on this cell it says : win per 100
    > hands played (or observed, if back
    > counting). Thanks, Shark

Good question. It is 100 rounds, which, of course, is the same as 100 hands when you are only playing/observing one hand per round. As you point out, the mouse-over help text is unintentionally misleading when the Play "2 hands of" box is checked. I'll make the help text "smarter" in the next update I do. Thanks for paying such close attention! Nice to know that my software does get used, occasionally. :-)

Regards,
    John Auston

Double21

Double21: Re: Question about BJRM2000

John I'm now more confused. I thought your software was set up to merely substitute one of the other two (or more depending on the number of decks) player's hands for your own when electing to play two hands. In other words, the total number of players didn't change. Doesn't that mean you get 100 hands per hour on each of two hands when you play two spots?

John Auston

John Auston: Re: Question about BJRM2000

> John I'm now more confused. I thought your
    > software was set up to merely substitute one
    > of the other two (or more depending on the
    > number of decks) player's hands for your own
    > when electing to play two hands. In other
    > words, the total number of players didn't
    > change. Doesn't that mean you get 100 hands
    > per hour on each of two hands when you play
    > two spots?

Yes. 100 hands * 2, for 200 hands per hour when "play 2 hands of" is selected. But still 100 rounds per hour to the table at which you are playing two spots.