Thread: El Poet: Opposition Betting

El Poet

El Poet: Opposition Betting

Another tactic I would like to measure in 6d sim is "opposition betting," i.e.: decreasing bets when the count is increasing and vice versa - but with one essential exception: a big jump when TC >+4. "Big" means max bet, likely 12XU. All other times the bets seem to be opposite of count trend. Other than that: no decrease after a win, no change after a push,etc etc. the usual. Any suggestions on the approach to get a handle on htis?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Far too expensive

On occasion you will see the dealer or a player get a string of small cards and so will the PB. I don't like raising my bet in that situation since even a PB knows what it means. But this is rare. If you regularly bet in opposition to the count, you're gonna get creamed. Even if you do plop down a pile for the rare high count.

El Poet

El Poet: Re: Far too expensive

I've experimented with this by doing it only when the layout from the hands just played seems to have a lot of paint, but a high TC actually has held up, in other words no 0 count cards and typically a hand later than the string of small cards. Then I jumped at least 6U sometimes 12 with some BS like "I feel it coming." Next I go down very small increments, actually often less than $5 because I'm a cap player (use $1 chips). You're probably right, in the long run this is way too expensive. I won in my huge sample of two sessions doing this with some discipline (2X$500). Certainly got no heat. That's my issue. I do not want heat, I'm trying to move up to green play, and the only act I know is progression betting. Thanks!
    >On occasion you will see the dealer or a
    > player get a string of small cards and so
    > will the PB. I don't like raising my bet in
    > that situation since even a PB knows what it
    > means. But this is rare. If you regularly
    > bet in opposition to the count, you're gonna
    > get creamed. Even if you do plop down a pile
    > for the rare high count.