Thread: M: ? BJRM2000 - RPC - Zen ?

M

M: ? BJRM2000 - RPC - Zen ?

i've been playing around with the BJRM2000, which is awesome(!), and i noticed that the RPC outperforms the Zen in 2 deck games under any conditions. i knew they where on par in multiple deck games, but Don had told me that the Zen would outperform the RPC in hand-held games. is this because the Zen has a TC@1D and the RPC @1/2D hence improving accuracy with less decks. would the Zen outperform otherwise? this was great news for me because the RPC has much better tags to use.

thanks for your help.

John Auston

John Auston: Re: ? BJRM2000 - RPC - Zen ?

> i noticed that the
    > RPC outperforms the Zen in 2 deck games
    > under any conditions.

I don't think that is true. To compare two systems, you have to use optimal betting, and then look at the SCORE.

When I do that for H17DAS 70 cards, RPC SCORE is 60.37 while Zen is 62.41.

John

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: ? BJRM2000 - RPC - Zen ?

See pp. 294-5 of BJA. There is a delicate balance here, with the SCOREs of the two counts flip-flopping back and forth according to the style of play, rules, bet spreads, and penetrations. It's actually very interesting, and shows why one should never simply make blanket statements such as, "this count is better than that one." Obviously, there can be nuances.

Don

M

M: Re: ? BJRM2000 - RPC - Zen ?

indeed, very true. John was right, with H17DAS the Zen outperforms, but that was one of the only examples i could find... i was suprised to see the SCORE's jumping back and forth between one count and the other, even within the same number of decks. i guess there's not too much point on dwelling on which is best, like you say, although i personally prefer Revere.