One of the things I seemed to notice when I switched from Red 7 to KO quite a while back, was that it seemed to me that Red 7 was better at predicting BJ's than KO was (and thus determining insurance bets)....this opinion was purely subjective, but nonetheless, when BJRM came out I noticed the neat little feature in "Counting Systems 101" that told you what the best index was at various penetrations for Insurance. This feature seemed to fix the problem. This approach also got me into the quagmire of quasi-true counting KO, but that is another story.

Anyway, I was thinking about altering a few of my other indices according to penetration and pulled up some values on BJRM.

On a double deck game starting with an IR of -4, it says that the index for doubling 9vs2 with 2 decks remaining is -2. With one deck remaining it is +1. Then with .5 decks remaining it goes back to -2. Surely, this is wrong. If not, then why not?

I realize that there is really no such thing as a DD game with two decks remaining, but I figured that this was an extrapolated value with some use nonetheless.

What's up? I know, I know....learn a balanced count! :-)

Av