Thread: Steve: 3 Contiguous Natural Probability & Ins. Dec

Steve

Steve: 3 Contiguous Natural Probability & Ins. Dec

Please allow me to explain the situation before asking my question:

Playing 8 deck, DAS, S17 no surrender, 1.5 cut. I use Snyder's Hi-Lo Lite and Wong in at True Edge +1 (about the same as TC +2) 2 other players at the table and I am at 3rd base. TE is +2 (3 decks remaining)and the person at spot 2 and myself get a natural and the dealer has an A up. The dealer didn't have BJ.

Before even thinking about the probability of 3 contiguous naturals I utter 'even money' as the TE was +2 which is the insurance index # for hi lo lite.

So my question is, in this case, should I have given more thought as to whether the dealer could have had a natural given there were already 2 natuals in a row? What is the probabilty of 3 contiguous naturals in the same round? And should one take into account the chances of this, or just base the insurance decision on the index #?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: 3 Contiguous Natural Probability & Ins. Dec

Question answered elsewhere.

Please don't double post, Steve. Wherever you post, I'll see it and I'll answer -- but not twice! :-)

Don