Thread: panda: Quick high count

panda

panda: Quick high count

I play 6 deck shoes around a 74% cut. I always start the shoe out with the min. bet keeping the count (hi-lo). there have been times when rite off the bat i'm getting 20s / 19s / blackjacks within the first,to one and half decks being played. well by that time the count is so negative and i was only betting the min. Of course i'm happy to be winning those hands but is there something i should do differently with my betting when this occurs?
    please help and many thanks!!!

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Quick high count

> I play 6 deck shoes around a 74% cut. I always start
    > the shoe out with the min. bet keeping the count
    > (hi-lo). there have been times when rite off the bat
    > i'm getting 20s / 19s / blackjacks within the first,to
    > one and half decks being played. well by that time the
    > count is so negative and i was only betting the min.
    > Of course i'm happy to be winning those hands but is
    > there something i should do differently with my
    > betting when this occurs?
    > please help and many thanks!!!

Not really much can be done. Mathematically, the right thing to do is to walk away, but that doesn't look so great. Some players "chip up" and add modestly to their bets, as they're winning, to look more like the typical gambler. It isn't correct mathematically, but it looks more natural than to keep winning without raising the bet.

Don