Thread: GeoC: Starting small

GeoC

GeoC: Starting small

Introduction

As I pointed out in a prior post, this task won?t be easy. In the 1980?s one of my high roller buddies turned a borrowed $2K into a $1.7M profit over a four year time-frame. Another friend turned $30K into $1M in profits over the same time span and I took $10K and turned it into $400K. Outstanding games were all over Las Vegas, Reno, Bahamas and Atlantic City was playable too. Present day games are not as attractive, but there are many more venues to play so get your traveling shoes ready. Recently I ran into a couple of green chip players who made a good amount of money starting with a $7.5K bank. Player A over a 6 year time frame has made right at $400K and Player B $140K for 3 years of work. They however capped their big bets and I?ll cover that point later.

I?m going to fudge the start bank up to $5K. I don?t think any of you would have trouble raising this amount. I?d like to point out that this method is risky and probably not optimal. If the $5K is dear to you, don?t even think about trying this.

First off take the $5K and divide it by 50. This becomes your top bet which you?ll usually put out at a true count of 5 or 6 (HiLo). I?m assuming all of you have an understanding of counting cards. Now your top bet is $100 or two hands of $50. Covariance is not taken into consideration. Every time you gain 10 top bets you divide by 50 thus your new top bet becomes $120. If you lose 10 top bets your new top bet becomes $80. Wash, rinse and repeat. The key here is to religiously do this. No fudging allowed, period.

Much more to come........

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: "Much more to come" .. looking forward to it! *NM*

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Wondering

> Present day games are not as attractive,
    > I?m going to fudge the start bank up to $5K.

If a $200BR in '64 is equivalent to a $1,200BR today, and you are fudging the beginning BR for this exersize to $5K, does that imply you think today's opportunity is 4 times more difficult than when you began?

[Or possible you are wanting to compress the time frames and get to a comparable end 8 times faster]

More likely it's a factor of different minimum available units ($1 and $5), but I thought I'd ask.

GeoC

GeoC: more difficult conditions now exist. *NM*

GeoC

GeoC: Plan B

Say you're happy capping your top bet at 2 x $200. You can still make an acceptable wage while only having to double your start bank 3 times to safely play at this level. In this case divide your total bank by 100 to arrive at your top bet. If you lose half the bank, you'll have to reduce your top bet in half. If you recover back up to 75% of your original bank go back to your normal top bet. If your bank doubles, your top bet doubles. I suspect this is where most of you would be most comfortable.

Last week I had lunch with a high stakes player who earned nada for 20 months. This encompassed about 600 hours of play. Meanwhile his pay meter (expenses) was ticking to the tune of around $100K per year. This really depleted his bank. Now in late Nov. of 2006 when we had lunch he told me his new top bet was 2 x $300. He simply no longer had the funds to continue betting at his former level. Fast forward to our lunch last week. He's now betting 2 x $1K. In roughly 60 hours of play in Las Vegas he won enough to play a high level again. Moral of the story, never give up hope and keep firing those bullets at them.

More to come.

bfbagain

bfbagain: Initial questions and a comment

What are you going to base your guidance on, SD? DD? 6D?

I have experienced two long losing streaks in my life of which would destroy most people. 1) Have you personally sustained the kind of streak that your friend had? 2) And can you share some details regarding your friend's recovery?

Thanks

bfb

GeoC

GeoC: Re: Initial questions and a comment

> What are you going to base your guidance on, SD? DD?
    > 6D?

> I have experienced two long losing streaks in my life
    > of which would destroy most people. 1) Have you
    > personally sustained the kind of streak that your
    > friend had? 2) And can you share some details
    > regarding your friend's recovery?

> Thanks

> bfb

I'm recommending that you play 2D and 6D. SD is almost dead and those that deal a good SD game are usually quick to show you the door. The worst streak I ever had was taking a $100K bank down to $33K continually downsizing my top bet along the way. This took about 900 hours of play. Before the year ended I was up $187K playing 2 x $1K as a top bet. My 2nd worst streak was the present. I played 500 hours and ended up $11K. I should have taken about $200K from them.

My friend's recovery was one of those he couldn't lose scenarios. They do happen.