Thread: Bettie: UBT Sneak Peek

Bettie

Bettie: UBT Sneak Peek

Last night, the producers and everyone else involved held a sneak peek of the UBT (Ultimate Blackjack Tour) show at the Palms theater for anyone involved in the show. They didn't announce a network, just showed us part of an episode as well as what they've been doing on their website.

What we saw was not the first episode or even an entire episode, but a good chunk of an extremely riveting episode that featured a lot of the "regular" players ? Big Chuck Gorson, Hollywood Dave, and our friend over at BlackjackTournaments.com, Ken Smith. The table also had Mike Castilano (I'm sure I misspelled that), a player from Costa Rica, the viewer who won his seat online, and a poker player who goes by "Miami."

With plenty of commentary by Max Rubin and someone else I don't know, it was fun and funny and really well produced. It was similar in production to the second World Series of Blackjack, with more Mtv-generation quick-cuts and some nice backstories/montages on some of the players.

After the viewing, the UBT hosted a party at the ghostbar with great food, plenty of libations, and even some impromptu music from devilfish. I didn't get to talk to nearly as many people as I would have liked to, as the room was filled with most of the contestants, all of the producers, UBT investors, and everyone's friends.

I hope that they find a network soon, because this could be what puts tournament blackjack up there with poker. Everyone who loves to watch all of these poker players will tune in to watch them play blackjack, and hopefully the word will spread and this will do nicely.

Have a great weekend!
    Bettie

Sidekick

Sidekick: UBT Updated Web Site!

Here is the link:

http://www.playubt.com/landingpage.html

Sidekick