Thread: Sidekick: Next PARTY!

Sidekick

Sidekick: Next PARTY!

ok...

Lets not wait until Halloweenie Day to catch-up again. Lets plan something for the Spring like Easter Day.

sidekicker

Bettie

Bettie: I'll dress up

as the easter bunny and you can be a baby chick, okay?

BTW, we were just alerted to an article about the party written by a friend and party attendee that appeared in the LV Sun on Halloween Day. We had expected him to write something up (he did the same for Don's book release party last year), but must have missed it initially.

Bettie

Sidekick

Sidekick: Re: I'll dress up

nice article

> BTW, we were just alerted to an article about the
    > party written by a friend and party attendee that
    > appeared in the LV Sun on Halloween Day. We had
    > expected him to write something up (he did the same
    > for Don's book release party last year), but must have
    > missed it initially.

> Bettie

Redhook

Redhook: Re: the article

Just curious (to have a benchmark to practice against)...

The article said that John Chang won the 2-deck countdown with a time of 33 seconds. I am wondering what rules were used for the contest. How many cards were pulled out? Were they dealt from a facedown position? I tried flipping over 2 decks of cards "one-at-a-time" from a face-down position (without counting) and it took a bit longer than 33 seconds. However, if more than one card can be flipped over at a time I can see 33 seconds being reachable.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: the article

> Just curious (to have a benchmark to practice
    > against)...

> The article said that John Chang won the 2-deck
    > countdown with a time of 33 seconds. I am wondering
    > what rules were used for the contest. How many cards
    > were pulled out? Were they dealt from a facedown
    > position? I tried flipping over 2 decks of cards
    > "one-at-a-time" from a face-down position
    > (without counting) and it took a bit longer than 33
    > seconds. However, if more than one card can be flipped
    > over at a time I can see 33 seconds being reachable.

I asked Viktor all of the same things, because I told him Johnny should be glad I wasn't there! :-)

Apparently, you could do anything you wanted, including fanning the cards out and facing them towards you. I personally am sure that I can do that time by starting the decks face down and flipping cards over two at a time, with two pulled out. And that's with the RPC. I don't know what Johnny used, but, obviously, the range of outcomes, while counting, is a lot tighter with Hi-Lo, for example, than it is with a level-2 or -3 count.

Don