I have more ID's now to play BJ with, then I have shoes.

Well, recently an interesting thing happened.
(for those of you wondering, I waited a few extra weeks to tell this story)

I was playing under one of my bullshit names and I could tell that they were being ok with me, but a bit skeptical.

I could tell I was an unknown entity to them, but they were wondering.

They are always on the edge when a blackchip guy comes out of nowhere.

Anyway, i'm doing my thing and they change dealers.

But this time, the dealer that comes over is moonlighting at this club. And the regular place where they deal is one of the places where I still play in my own name.

So when the person comes to the table and gives me a big greeting, (it's a dealer I have played with 50 times) you can actually see the antenas go up all over the pit.
I don't think this person dealth 2 go arounds, because not more then 90 seconds passed and a replacement came to get them.

I immediately knew it had something to do with me and I was gonna split. But, something told me I should just lay low a few minutes and see what happens.

This is where it really gets good.

I stay put and nothing happens. About 20 minutes go by and this person comes back to deal.

I said "I missed you" and this person said "that was weird, they asked me how I knew you and if I knew your name, so I told them your name" I said "great".

Next thing I know they have a host come visit me and offer all kinds of freebees. You could tell they felt relaxed,and was now sure i was ok and belonged.

What happened was, as much as I play with this person, they knew my first name, but had no idea what my last name was.

But, because my first name was the same as my REAL first name, they felt assured I was not jerking them around and they had a high stakes player to cultivate.

Rather then go the extra mile, they just figured 2 and 2 was four and I was one of the good guys. (which I am by the way)

It reminded me of the story Johnn Chan told us one sunday night in a scheduled chat how he was sitting in Reno and a pit boss asked him if he ever heard of Johnny Chan and when he said no, the guy explained how he is the splitting image of this Chan guy, but he could not be him cause Chan is at least 10 to 15 years younger. It never occured to them that they were looking at a photo that was 10 years old.
Showing you, it's very easy for them to overlook the obvious.

You gotta love this game

Hollywood