Thread: Hollywood: Question regarding 2 hands?

Hollywood

Hollywood: Question regarding 2 hands?

I have always played 1 hand until recently.

Conditions: AC 6 decks DAS DOA
    split 3 times.

I started playing 2 and I have come to prefer it. But, I have a question regarding bet increases.

When I play 1 hand, I never go into my chips to increase bets, instead I only parlay what I win and build it up from there.

However, I find when I am playing 2 hands, that is quite difficult to do.

When the count starts to escalate, very frequently I win one and lose one.

So my question to all you 2 hand guys is this, how do you handle the bet increases and keep the camo under control when playing 2 spots?????????

Thank you,

Hollywood

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Question regarding 2 hands?

> So my question to all you 2 hand guys is
    > this, how do you handle the bet increases
    > and keep the camo under control when playing
    > 2 spots?????????

You have two choices: 1) Wait until you win both hands to increase, or 2) When you win one and lose one, parlay some of your winnings on the one hand and come out with fresh money equal to the prior bet, on the losing hand. The two bets will no longer be equal, but so what?

I must say that I don't encounter this problem, so I was wondering why I had never given it any thought, because I don't spread to two hands until I place a max bet, so I rarely have anything to increase, once I'm at the two-hand level.

But, if you're comfortable doing it, spreading to two hands sooner, in any positive situation, is really the better way to do it mathematically. Just depends on if you think it won't arouse suspicion.

Don

Hollywood

Hollywood: Re: Question regarding 2 hands?

> You have two choices: 1) Wait until you win
    > both hands to increase, or 2) When you win
    > one and lose one, parlay some of your
    > winnings on the one hand and come out with
    > fresh money equal to the prior bet, on the
    > losing hand. The two bets will no longer be
    > equal, but so what?

> I must say that I don't encounter this
    > problem, so I was wondering why I had never
    > given it any thought, because I don't spread
    > to two hands until I place a max bet, so I
    > rarely have anything to increase, once I'm
    > at the two-hand level.

> But, if you're comfortable doing it,
    > spreading to two hands sooner, in any
    > positive situation, is really the better way
    > to do it mathematically. Just depends on if
    > you think it won't arouse suspicion.

> Don

Thanks Don, Sounds like a plan to me. I'm going to play today, i'll let you know how it goes.

I always get concerned about bringing out fresh money, but I really can't think of another way either.

I figured we might re-invent the wheel here .

Or that some of the seasoned guys that only play 2 hands would indicate what they do.

Regards,

Hollywood

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Question regarding 2 hands?

> I always get concerned about bringing out
    > fresh money, but I really can't think of
    > another way either.

That hand lost. You're entitled to replenish the box with fresh money. Then, you chip up a bit on the hand that won. I think that looks better than sliding over the winnings of the one hand to the empty box and then adding a little more onto the first hand with fresh money.

> Or that some of the seasoned guys that only
    > play 2 hands would indicate what they do.

Not a whole lot of choices.

Don

bfbagain

bfbagain: Don's suggestion is good..

but there are other effective ways to accomplish this. Also, it's really about surveillance, and not as much about the critters, IMO, so here's a suggestion.

Get into the habit of taking it all down. Yup. Sweep all the chips back towards you, then replace whatever amount of chips you want into both boxes. It's harder for surveillance to determine if you raised your bet or not. Add parlaying when appropriate, leaving the win on one spot and making a new equal bet on the losing spot (as DS suggested) and I think you'll be just fine.

BTW:If you would like some info on vegas, just email me and hopefully I can be of some assistance.

cheers
    bfb

Hollywood

Hollywood: Thank you, good point *NM*