Thread: More knowledge = more money: Beyond the ill 18 for SD

More knowledge = more money

More knowledge = more money: Beyond the ill 18 for SD

Don,

I don't have a simulator. I tried looking in the archives and I can't find any info. I'd like to know the next several indices (enough to get 90 to 95% of the gain from all indices), in order of their importance, in a deeply dealt SD, H17, game. I know this has been asked before, but at the time I wasn't interested in learning more than the I18 and didn't really pay much attention. Where can I find this info?

Thanks

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Beyond the ill 18 for SD

> Don,

> I don't have a simulator. I tried looking in
    > the archives and I can't find any info. I'd
    > like to know the next several indices
    > (enough to get 90 to 95% of the gain from
    > all indices), in order of their importance,
    > in a deeply dealt SD, H17, game. I know this
    > has been asked before, but at the time I
    > wasn't interested in learning more than the
    > I18 and didn't really pay much attention.
    > Where can I find this info?

As a modest start, you can look at the "Catch 22," on p. 375 of BJA3. Additions include doubling 8 v. 5 and 6 and doubling A,8 v. 5 and 6.

Beyond this, the pickin's get mighty slim. I recall a list of 40 or so plays that Bryce Carlson posted many years back, probably over at bj21, and I believe he made some effort to rank them. If the bj21 archives are thorough enough, you might find his recommendations over there.

See, also, his page 127 of "Blackjack for Blood," where he suggests using the I18 and then adds that if you expand to include all indices from -10 to +10, you will easily capture 95+% of all the edge there is to have.

Note, as always, that your bet spread has an effect on the ordering of importance, and that, in general, because you bet more at those times, positive indices will surely be more important than negative ones.

Don

More knowledge = more money

More knowledge = more money: Thanks Don. *NM*