Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNDERTHARADAR: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

UNDERTHARADAR

UNDERTHARADAR: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

Has anyone used the Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack book?If so how much success have you had.If this isn't a good book what is a good blackjack book.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

It's a shame that books like this exist. I can't imagine the damage this man has caused by teaching an idiotic basic strategy. Look in the catalog for a good book.

> Has anyone used the Gregorian Strategy for
    > Multiple Deck Blackjack book?If so how much
    > success have you had.If this isn't a good
    > book what is a good blackjack book.

Parker

Parker: Waste of a perfectly good tree.

I recently had the misfortune of thumbing through this garbage. What a waste of resources!

His strategy is not only mathematically unsound, it isn't even original, bearing a strong resemblence to the nonsense espoused by John Patrick and Richard Harvey. You get a basic strategy that is just plain wrong, coupled with voodoo nonsense about exploiting streaks. Publishing books like this should be illegal.

All the books in our online catalog are good. Start with Blackjack Bluebook II, by Fred Renzey, and when you understand everything in it, move on to Don's Blackjack Attack.

ES

ES: Re: Waste of a perfectly good tree.

Read Wong's Basic Black Jack and his Professional Blackjack. Read the forthcoming 3rd edition of Snyder's Black Belt in Blackjack.

> All the books in our online catalog are
    > good. Start with Blackjack Bluebook II, by
    > Fred Renzey, and when you understand
    > everything in it, move on to Don's
    > Blackjack Attack.

Random Poster

Random Poster: Amazon.com

It's funny to watch this guy defend his book so vigorously...

> Read Wong's Basic Black Jack and his
    > Professional Blackjack. Read the forthcoming
    > 3rd edition of Snyder's Black Belt in
    > Blackjack.

John Lewis

John Lewis: .?. the guy's a nut *NM*

Radar

Radar: His Website is ONE Page ...

but there is a link to ask questions or leave comments.

I didn't waste my time. I haven't read his strategy, but if you guys say its bad, it must be...

He did make claims that were outlandish...even for someone that's a novice, such as myself.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: I always get a kick

out of someone that uses reviews from "A reader in some city" instead of from known experts. In an argument with one of the progression book authors he told me that he has dozens of letters from people that have won using his system and asked 'Do you have letters from users of your software like this?' I replied that of course I do and I respond to each one telling them to not take short-term results seriously - that their results might be just luck.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: I always get a kick

I learned a long time ago, dealing with thousands of students at school, that's it's an utter waste of time and energy to try to reason with someone whose mind doesn't work properly. Simply put, if a person is irrational, trying to show him, by reason, what is wrong with his thought process is circular. If he were capable of reasoning correctly in the first place, he wouldn't be advancing the ideas that he is.

This guy falls into this category, with a place of honor at the table -- right next to John Patrick, Richard Harvey, and Walter Thomason, to name but a few "deep thinkers."

Don

AdvantageRay

AdvantageRay: Re: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

I saw this one in a bookstore recently (I sometimes go to the BN and while the girlfriend is looking at whatever she is, I get a chuckle from some of the books in the gaming section). Any author that names a system after his own name, is a quack and deserves to be shot.

D

Random Poster

Random Poster: Re: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

Nah, there are authors who name systems after themselves--Revere APC, Uston APC, BRH...though "Gregorian" makes it sound so monk-ish. It's his first name to boot! The real crime is that BN has such a bad selection of gambling books. Borders is a little better.

> I saw this one in a bookstore recently (I
    > sometimes go to the BN and while the
    > girlfriend is looking at whatever she is, I
    > get a chuckle from some of the books in the
    > gaming section). Any author that names a
    > system after his own name, is a quack and
    > deserves to be shot.

> D

John Lewis

John Lewis: a common experience expressed very well

" ... it's an utter waste of time and energy to try to reason with someone whose mind doesn't work properly. Simply put, if a person is irrational, trying to show him, by reason, what is wrong with his thought process is circular. If he were capable of reasoning correctly in the first place, he wouldn't be advancing the ideas that he is." -- Don

AdvantageRay

AdvantageRay: Re: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

> Nah, there are authors who name systems
    > after themselves--Revere APC, Uston APC,
    > BRH...though "Gregorian" makes it
    > sound so monk-ish. It's his first name to
    > boot! The real crime is that BN has such a
    > bad selection of gambling books. Borders is
    > a little better.

Revere? Uston? what did those guys ever do? J/K

Was actually referring to first name, just too damn tired must have missed it..BN is only good for a laugh, although I once did see Blackjack for Blood there, was very impressed. Somebody must have ordered it and not picked it up

D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast