Thread: ES: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

ES

ES: Gregorian Strategy for Multiple Deck Blackjack

is the name of a new book listed on Gamblers Book Club's website. (www.gamblersbook.com) The description of this book leads me to believe that it has little if any new information for a somewhat knowledgeable card counter. Does anyone have any more infor about this book? The days when I would buy just any blackjack book are long gone.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Pure voodoo. There otta be a law

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: fuhgeddaboudit!! *NM*

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: I loved it!

My computer desk had a wobble that I couldn't fix with any of my May or Scoblete books. When a sample copy of this arrived it fit perfectly.

As a blackjack book however, it is absolutely horrendous. The Gregorian Strategy in a Nutshell:

Never, ever raise your bet.

Only play at winning tables. To quote the author, "This is what separates the men from the boys."

Leave or ignore losing tables. Ditto.

Don't use old, out-dated basic strategy. Use the NEW, MODERN, Gregorian Multiple Deck Strategy!

If you're looking for a new book with a some interesting new ideas, try Fred Renzey's Blackjack Bluebook II. We'll be carrying it very soon and you get your DD discount. We're sending a Don a review copy before we sell it, just in case there's some kooky nugget we missed, but I think it's pretty solid.

Good Cards,

V

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: I loved it!

Among the other nuggets of wisdom in Gregorian Strategy is advice to hit 13v5. He came to this conclusion after playing a whopping 5,000 hands. Or, about 40 instances of 13v5. He says that this is more accurate than simming billions of hands.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: here's the real question ...

... why are we talking about this obvious imbecile here?

Let's all agree that he's the modern-day John Patrick and move on.

Don

ES

ES: Re: here's the real question ...

None of this is obvious from GBC's description of the book, which is why I asked about it.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: here's the real question ...

> None of this is obvious from GBC's
    > description of the book, which is why I
    > asked about it.

OK, but understand that if GBC carries a book, their blurb isn't going to say anything negative about it. We, on the other hand, don't have any such constraints! :-)

Don

sharmon

sharmon: Re: here's the real question ...

The writing about "card flows" and that you have to take into account the count AND if you won the previous hand as a guide to using the "new basic strategy" . This combined with the 36/49 rave reviews all suspiciously from the NY/NJ area on amazon sort of tipped me off to the book's total lack of credibility.

> OK, but understand that if GBC carries a
    > book, their blurb isn't going to say
    > anything negative about it. We, on the other
    > hand, don't have any such constraints! :-)

> Don

Parker

Parker: Amazon "reviews" . . .

. . . are absolutely worthless.

Don't get me started.