I put this here because it may be more voodoo than science, but science is my only intent.

Have you ever experienced a really bad shoe? And not only that, but it seems to repeat shoe after shoe after shoe? This is what I am wondering:

We all know that a shoe can be rigged in such a way that no matter what the players do, it will greatly favor the house, or vice versa, depending on the intent of those "stacking" the shoe. This has been documented in the case of "coolers" and even the sequence of cards has been published for either outcome (pro-house or pro-player). It stands to reason that occasionally a shoe can randomly get itself into such a configuration, or near-configuration. In such a case, the player will have no chance of winning no matter what he does (it has been shown that the outcome is basically irrespective of decisions made by the players). My question is, can this deadly configuration of cards be carried on from shoe to shoe due to the fact that dealers do not actually render a true random shuffle. They say it takes seven passes at a simple riffle shuffle to approximate a random shuffle, and we know that the majority of dealers do nothing close to seven shuffles. The reason I bring this up is that if one should experience just such a shoe, where the house wins the vast majority of hands (of course, you as an AP would wong out if the count matched the devastating result, which I'm not sure it necessarily would), should you move to another table? Moving to another table is traditionally felt to be a voodoo ploppy move of the first order. But if the cards can remain in basically the same general configuration, then it would be scientifically prohibitive to stay. Has any study been made of this possible phenomenon?

I suppose a simulation could test this hypothesis out. First, use the Book or other source to line the cards up in the most disastrous "cooler" configuration favoring the house. Then simulate a two-pass riffle shuffle. Lastly, play the shoe out, reshuffle, and play it out again. Repeat several times. Record the hand-by-hand results and compare with normal expectations. I hope somebody gets on this, or has prior scientific knowledge of it they don't mind sharing.