Eeephour

Eeephour: Re: memory techniques

> use the mnemonics system,eventually you will
    > remember long sequences of cards.

i am just starting to learn that.

thanks

Mister M

Mister M: Re: Shuffle Track

I just can't figure out how to keep all those numbers in my head and then manipulate them as the shuffle progresses. That is the hard part for me.

The cutoff methods outlined by george C have no numbers for you to 'keep in you head'If the end count is heavily plus or minus and you know the location of these cutoffs post shuffle then use the multilplier.Thats it!

> I have also read the George c book.
    The booklets to put it bluntly are written with a no frills approach and you need to read them many times to gain the wisdom!
    You will lose far more in the way of accuracy and therefore units if you attempt to complicate your tracking methods.

Advanced c.c also by George C is a must buy if you wish to extend yourself further with ST.

Rhetorich

Rhetorich: Re: memory techniques

> use the mnemonics system,eventually you will
    > remember long sequences of cards.

So these two elderly married couples alternate every week meeting at one house or the other to play Bridge. Last week, after playing a few rubbers, the "girls" go to the kitchen to make coffee while the "boys" sit and talk.

One fellow says, "I just took this memory course and it really helps."

The other replies, 'Really? What was it called?'

And the first fellow says, "Err, umm, uhh ... Say, what do you call that flower. You know, the one with the thorns?"

His friend replies, 'You mean a rose?'

The guy turns his head and yells toward the kitchen, "Hey, Rose, what was the name of that memory course?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12