Thread: Ann: KO question

Ann

Ann: KO question

Here's my situation. I will be playing a 6-deck S17 DOA DAS RS4 NoRSA game (no surrender). I cannot exit the shoe, and I can't enter midshoe. I'm playing all from the beginning. I have to use the KO count, and the penetration is about 67% (2 decks cut off out of six, ugh!). All I'd like to know is what bet spread I need to play a BREAKEVEN game. I suppose I'll put my max bet out at the pivot, but how many units will that have to be. Remember, I just need to play a breakeven game. The rules of the game and the count I have to use (KO) are not negotiable.

Thank you so much. I love this forum.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: KO question

> Here's my situation. I will be playing a
    > 6-deck S17 DOA DAS RS4 NoRSA game (no
    > surrender). I cannot exit the shoe, and I
    > can't enter midshoe. I'm playing all from
    > the beginning. I have to use the KO count,
    > and the penetration is about 67% (2 decks
    > cut off out of six, ugh!). All I'd like to
    > know is what bet spread I need to play a
    > BREAKEVEN game.

1-3, if you use the I18.

> I suppose I'll put my max
    > bet out at the pivot, but how many units
    > will that have to be.

No, with IRC of -20, you'll put it out at -7.

> Remember, I just need
    > to play a breakeven game. The rules of the
    > game and the count I have to use (KO) are
    > not negotiable.

You didn't mention what seems to me to be a crucial item: what risk of ruin are you willing to accept? You didn't ask how much bank you should have. Don't you think that might be important?

For example, with a $30,000 bank and $5.00 units, you'll still have a 15+% ROR!

> Thank you so much. I love this forum.

You're welcome. I'm glad you're enjoying.

Don

Ann

Ann: Re: KO question

> 1-3, if you use the I18.
    > No, with IRC of -20, you'll put it out at
    > -7.

These numbers seem surprising. Can I ask what software you used to compute them?

> You didn't mention what seems to me to be a
    > crucial item: what risk of ruin are you
    > willing to accept? You didn't ask how much
    > bank you should have. Don't you think that
    > might be important?

I have a partner who will be the one playing with an advantage. My job is just to make sure that I don't bleed to death.

> For example, with a $30,000 bank and $5.00
    > units, you'll still have a 15+% ROR!

My action is only a small part of the overall picture, but this number is a wake-up call nevertheless.

Thanks again.

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Wow

I'm already jealous of the scenario that is beginning to take shape.

Question -I understand the constraints on Ann from her previous post; but if she is doing the counting why does her playing partner care what count she uses?

My point is, if she is able, would it not be better to use the best count possible -maybe not KO -for PE or BC of the game they play?

SR