Thread: GHOST: educated guess

GHOST

GHOST: educated guess

after reading the sermon by A.S in the recent issue, it got me thinking.

1.how many bj players try to count?

2. how many do?

3. percent successful?

4. what the odds of more than 1 successful

counter at any one table.

i realize these are very general questions , but would like a sense of reality also ???

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Just for fun

I'll answer, just for fun. Surely, we'll get many different opinions.

> 1.how many bj players try to count?
    One in 50.

> 2. how many do?

One in 100.

> 3. percent successful?

One in 200. Of course, "successful" is a relative term.

> 4. what are the odds of more than 1 successful
    counter at any one table.

Close to zero, by chance. By design is a different story. :-)

Don

williwong21

williwong21: Re: Just for fun

Those #'s have to be way off in Conn. and NJ.I heard more about card counting on my first day in a A.C. poker room than playing 7 years in Conn.I've never even seen a basic strategy player in my life and only seen 3 different counters at Foxwoods,2 of them teaming up.In New York I've seen a counter that played to tight a spread and met another that tried somehow but was off.I met another short spread "counter?" last year who didn't know basic strategy and a team in A.C. years ago.It's hard to put an exact # but Foxwoods is huge and weather observing or quick playing with them,it has to be close to 100,000.These observations do not include high limit areas.JMHO,Willi.