Thread: HOLLYWOOD: EXIT STRATEGY AND SHOE ENDING

HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD: EXIT STRATEGY AND SHOE ENDING

As an open question to the room for purposes of camo, what are some of the things you guys do and DON'T do when you're leaving a table.

Things you say or just say nothing at all.

I found some of the comments and advice given in here the other day on insurance very helpful.

I think the way an exit is handled could also be an issue. Especially after a nice win.

I'm also interested in what you do after a very successful shoe. How do you bet off the top of the new shoe.
    For instance, for camo purposes after a strong ending where I was betting big bucks, I usually start the new shoe with a large bet. If I win it I go again at the same number. If I lose it, I usually just say
    "well, I guess that streak is over".

I'm very interested in what the rest of you do.

Regards,

Hollywood

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: EXIT STRATEGY AND SHOE ENDING

> I think the way an exit is handled could
    > also be an issue. Especially after a nice
    > win.

There are dozens of variations on the theme. Has the table been talkative, friendly, or not? Have you spoken with the dealer, pit boss, or not? Did you win a little, a lot, or lose a little or a lot?

Obviously, each circumstance can bring a different comment. Win a lot and then give a little back? "Looks like this streak is over. Gonna leave before I give it all back." Or, "let's try one more shoe; the cards will tell me when to leave."

Lose a lot? "That's it; enough for one day. Gotta be able to eat tonight" (this can bring a comp offer for dinner, just to keep you there!). "Too tough today; you win." Or, dozens of other possibilities.

Nondescript session, but you've met your time quota? "Gotta meet the wife at 3," or anything time-appointment related.

> I'm also interested in what you do after a
    > very successful shoe. How do you bet off the
    > top of the new shoe.
    > For instance, for camo purposes after a
    > strong ending where I was betting big bucks,
    > I usually start the new shoe with a large
    > bet. If I win it I go again at the same
    > number. If I lose it, I usually just say
    > "well, I guess that streak is
    > over".

That's perfect. If two hands, bet one hand for the same one-hand amount (half of the end of the shoe total). If one hand, either leave it up through the shuffle, or bet half that amount. Let it ride if you keep winning (nothing more fun than to win five in a row like that!). As soon as you lose, your line is perfect.

Don

Mr. X

Mr. X: Excuses excuses

My favorite tecnique, when I'm just doing a short play, especially wonging into a double deck, then the next deck goes negative, is to ask "is there a pay phone around here?". They point to where it is, they get distracted, I leave, no harm no foul. I've tried different methods, that one works best.
    Don makes an important point on staying over into the next shoe, to keep your bet out THROUGH THE SHUFFLE. I often see counters immediately pull their bets when the shuffle begins. It's a great advertisement to keep it out during the shuffle. Sometimes I'll pull some back just before the deal, especially if I cut and my hands are over my chips anyway (I can do it pretty smoothly). IMO, it's a bad mistake to pull your bet immediately after the deck is broken. It looks sooooooo obvious that you are pulling your bet precisely because the deck is broken. Wait, keep your bet out, and suspicion is reduced a lot.

williwong21

williwong21: Re: EXIT STRATEGY AND SHOE ENDING

HOLLYWOOD.I know you play higher stakes than I so it might be different.I don't tell them anything or give any reason why.If they ask or a player says something then I'll reply.I figure they're thinking one way and what I tell them might conflict with their thought process.Sometimes opening your mouth in this world just gets you into more trouble.I should know.JMHO.Willi.