Thread: El Poet: Errata Sheets

El Poet

El Poet: Errata Sheets

Are "Errata" sheets (corrections from the author) available for Griffin's TOB (the most recent I have is 4th ed.)or other important books - BA1 & BA2 (If any discovered so far) The John May "...Edge" book seems to have several that confuse me. Thank you.

El Poet

El Poet: Re: Errata Sheets

Okay, I'm slow, but trying to catch up. I see just what I was looking for for BA on the new library started by Victor and posted just today! (It's under Table of Contents for those who haven't seen the post. I'm still wondering about the other books, but I'm getting the feeling that the latter one is libre non grata here. Thanks.
    > Are "Errata" sheets (corrections
    > from the author) available for Griffin's TOB
    > (the most recent I have is 4th ed.)or other
    > important books - BA1 & BA2 (If any
    > discovered so far) The John May
    > "...Edge" book seems to have
    > several that confuse me. Thank you.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Errata Sheets

> Okay, I'm slow, but trying to catch up. I
    > see just what I was looking for for BA on
    > the new library started by Victor and posted
    > just today! (It's under Table of Contents
    > for those who haven't seen the post.

It's my recent abridged version. I have a more detailed one that I will use to correct things you won't care about. (By the way, we refer to the book as "BJA.")

> I'm
    > still wondering about the other books, but
    > I'm getting the feeling that the latter one
    > is libre non grata here.

Just here? :-) You're confused because May is confused. It's not an uncommon occurrence. :-)

I wrote to Griffin with corrections. They were incorporated into later editions.

Don

El Poet

El Poet: Re: Errata Sheets

>"...You're confused because (he)
    > is confused. It's not an uncommon
    > occurrence. :-)

Thank you Thank you. "Not uncommon" for readers, of course (?). So it's not worth it to unravel at least the pseudo quantitative part of his review? Just leave this unanswered if I understand - I'm starting to realize the deal, so to speak.
    >...later editions.
    > Don"

If I struggle to understand the TOB I have for bedtime reading in 4th Ed., are the errata worth buying more recent ones? I just read the BJMath correspondence on S17, on what vs. 5?. I there more like that?? I need to get back to practice.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Errata Sheets

> Thank you Thank you. "Not
    > uncommon" for readers , of course (?).

No, that wasn't my meaning! :-)

> So it's not worth it to unravel at least the
    > pseudo quantitative part of his review? Just
    > leave this unanswered if I understand - I'm
    > starting to realize the deal, so to speak.

The less time I spend talking about John May on these pages, the better everyone will be. And, my quota for the month has just expired. :-)

> If I struggle to understand the TOB I have
    > for bedtime reading in 4th Ed., are the
    > errata worth buying more recent ones?

No.

Don