Thread: illsur5: open question

illsur5

illsur5: open question

Does anyone out there know of any excellent POKER BOOKS for beginners?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: open question

> Does anyone out there know of any excellent
    > POKER BOOKS for beginners?

Whereas I'd prefer to not turn this into a poker board, I suggest you peruse the RGE catalog, right here, to see the books that have been deemed high quality. RGE won't sell junk, so if it's in the catalog, and labeled for beginners, it's a decent book.

Don

J Morgan

J Morgan: Re: open question

You'll hear this from others, so I'll say it first: David Sklansky's The Theory of Poker.

M

M: Re: open question

i certainly do not recommend Theory of Poker as your first book. it is not for begginers, but Lee Jones' excellent Winning Low-Limit Hold'em 2nd Edition is the best choice i can think of. Sklansky's book will help you after you've read Jones' as will Malmuth's Poker Essays I & II.

hope this helped some.

Pro21

Pro21: Super/System by Doyle Brunson *NM*

illsur5

illsur5: Re: open question

Thank you for the book recommendations my fellow players. Oh and Don, Im not trying to turn this into a Poker board, I only posted the former because Poker is a skill game just like B.J (agreed?), and I have read some previous posts on poker on this very board. Dont worry Don, this was my only posting about Poker and will be my last, I only wanted some info on reading material from my fellow B.J Bros.

Bettie

Bettie: Re: open question

> Does anyone out there know of any excellent
    > POKER BOOKS for beginners?

All of the books J Morgan and M mentioned are carried on the RGE online catalog (the 2nd ed. of Winning Low-Limit Hold'em is in New Books, the rest are in Poker), to make for ease of shopping!

Bettie