Thread: anon: why you can't win(continued)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    anon

anon: why you can't win(continued)

having posative expectancy is not the same as winnning

the sad facts are:

most "counters" do not play well enough to beat tnhe game, especially after, travel, tipping, errors, cover plays, and other expenses.

most "counters" do not have a big enough bankroll to have their expectancy be posative after above mentioned expenses.

most "counters" play way to big relative to the size of their br to survive the roller coaster.

most "counters" will not have the persistance to see this thru for the "long run"

so to say that the average person who counts will not win, is being kind. kind because most people who heed this advise will save time and money. kind because it is probably more accurate to say the vast majority of counters will leave the game without a win.

persistance, capitalization and time, if you have them you have a chance, if not try golf, it is just as frustrating and cheaper and healthier.

just my view

anon

anon

anon: on ian a (while i'm on a rant)

it is my understanding that ian a. does play very much the game described in burning the tables.

he did not play the ug when he published it, he had developed a slightly different gambit. in fact, at the time he was combining some interesting points made by one of the members of this panel into a new gambit.

thanks for your time, now i will allow the real experts have their say

in the words of our esteemed host,

good luck and good cards

anon