Thread: M.: Help: Revere Point Count Users

M.

M.: Help: Revere Point Count Users

I'm not too sure about this one since i don't own "Playing Blackjack as a Business" but apparently the RPC is only given indices for playing 4 decks and if you wish to have the complete strategy for 6 decks you must purchase a different booklet altogether that i haven't found yet. Moreover, i have heard no information about the RPC for 8 decks. Could one use the indices provided in PB as a B, supposedly only for 4 decks, for 6 and 8 aswell.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    M.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Help: Revere Point Count Users

> I'm not too sure about this one since I
    > don't own "Playing Blackjack as a
    > Business" [shame on you!] but apparently the RPC > is only given indices for playing 4 decks and
    > if you wish to have the complete strategy
    > for 6 decks you must purchase a different
    > booklet altogether that I haven't found yet.

No that's not correct. The indices (rather outdated, at that) in the book are for single deck, and if you want the multi-deck ones (he doesn't distinguish among 4-, 6-, or 8-deck), that's when he'd like you to purchase the $25 booklet.

I've been using the multi-deck RPC indices for a quarter of a century. John has them all catalogued (I18 and Fab 4) at the Systems 101 section of BJRM, and Karel's SBA will generate a full set in a trice.

There are differences between SD and multi-deck indices, but you certainly don't need more than a single set for four decks or higher.

Don