Thread: williwong21: Dealer bust possibilities?

williwong21

williwong21: Dealer bust possibilities?

Is there published imformation on dealer busting probabilities[mostly 2-6 up] during escalating true counts.I'm looking for dealer busting percentage for each count.Is there any kind of simple formula for me to add to add to Wong's expectations for each hand.Professional Blackjack pg.298.I'm sure it could get rather complicated,each true count for each dealer upcard[a 4,5,6 must rise up faster than a 2,3] but I constantly have the option of backing out of hands and am looking for any kind of rough guidlines.With 10-7 against a 4 and a true count of 5,is it worth staying in the hand?Willi.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Dealer bust possibilities?

> With 10-7 against a 4 and a true
    > count of 5,is it worth staying in the
    > hand?Willi.

I've read this sentence about five times, and am sorry to say I have absolutely no idea what you mean.

As for the tables you're looking for, I believe that Wong's PBA simulator will tell you what the EVs of hands are according to the true count, but I'm not sure if any others will.

Don

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Dealer bust possibilities?

I've never seen dealer bust probabilities bt TC and there is certainly no formula. But, you can try the dealer bust probability calculator at the below link. It will give such tables by remaining cards in the shoe and should give you some idea of the numbers you're looking for. It would be a simple matter to sim this. But, I don't really see the purpose.

illsur5

illsur5: Re: Dealer bust possibilities?

Alas I can put that surrender play into effect that I read about in an earlier post. If williwong21 is'nt sure about his 10-7 vs 4 i'll be glad to buy his surrender from him!

williwong21

williwong21: Re: Dealer bust possibilities?

The dealer meses up,skips a spot.I have the option of backing out free of charge.Willi.