Your at a table. The count finally gets to exactly where you want it. You build up to your maxium bet. (which for me is 10 units)
But, at your max bet you are litterally losing every hand.
What I would like to know from my fellow players is this.
Do you just hang in there and keep playing your max bet now, because you have a heavy count in your favor?
I have been finding that when the count is exceptionally in my favor.
I frequently win many hands in a row.
But, I just as frequently lose several hands in a row under those conditions.
I guess one of the things, im asking is how long do you hang in there because you have the count in your favor? I'm always curious about what other good players are doing.
I had an experience the other night which was rough. I don't get discourged because I know that it is within the world of SD.
But, I was playing along and I was actually up about 18 units. This was all from flat betting.
Finally, after only a few hands had been dealth in a new shoe (6 decks, with only one deck cut off, so pen was great) I go to an exceptional count early. So I increase my bet to 2 units, I win I go to 4 units I win and go to 8 and I win and go to 10 units (which is my max bet)and the count is still on fire.
So I am now at my maximum bet, and I never win another hand. I'm playing head to head and dropped 17 maximum bet hands in a row all at an exceptionally high count. It happens, and I understand that. But, i'm always more concerned if I did things right more then what the win loss ratio is.
SO MY QUESTION IS ROOM, WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IT THE SAME WAY?
As always, I would appreciate everyones feedback.

Regards,

Hollywood