> I think the bottom line should always be
    > not what has been the "philosophy"
    > of one publication or another, but rather
    > what forward-looking course of action is
    > most receptive and responds best to the
    > requests and needs of the clients who are
    > using the product.

> Don

But we are constrained by the absolute potential quality of the information, which historically has been very poor for this sort of report. CBJN pen. information is often wildly inaccurate, to the point that it is frequently useless. I don't see how you can fairly expect hundreds of different reporters, each with their own idea of what 75% looks like, to be any better.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: neither hear nor here

> But we are constrained by the absolute
    > potential quality of the information, which
    > historically has been very poor for this
    > sort of report. CBJN pen. information is
    > often wildly inaccurate, to the point that
    > it is frequently useless. I don't see how
    > you can fairly expect hundreds of different
    > reporters, each with their own idea of what
    > 75% looks like, to be any better.

I don't set the standards for the quality of the reports, but I think I would ask the reporters, especially those that may not have a good "eyeballing" technique, to actually count the number of cards being dealt, whether it be a shoe or hand-held game.

Don

Baddog

Baddog: Re: count cards

My team member counts each card in DD before playing - or not playing. He looks for 65 cards BEFORE last round is dealt. I play more places - but he seems to have less swings. The only thing more important than pen is how cold is the martini.

Broncosauras[sic]

Broncosauras[sic]: Re: neither hear nor here

> I don't set the standards for the quality
    > of the reports, but I think I would ask the
    > reporters, especially those that may not
    > have a good "eyeballing"
    > technique, to actually count the number of
    > cards being dealt, whether it be a shoe or
    > hand-held game.

> Don

It's always going to come down to a judgment call. Is the shoe being counted a good example of the other 40 tables on the shift? Is the shift itself even typical of the other two? Can you actually expect large numbers of people to stand there and count hundreds or thousands of cards for information they likely feel they already can reasonably approximate? I don't think it's really feasible.

Remember, wise man say...the masses are asses! Wong has a paid, to some extent elite crew and his results are dodgy, so what will a huge bunch of unpaid opinions look like?

On balance the info is of some use but I think it's too much to expect anything better than a ballpark estimate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12