Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anon: cover ala ian a.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: A final rant...

> I find that fascinating. However, I am
    > skeptical of the criteria used to come up
    > with a 2% net EV using strict Ian tecniques.

It's not 2%, it's 2 units, per 100 hands played. The pct. edge may be 0.6% or so.

> Maybe, MAYBE if it was a superb, pristine 1
    > on 1, 8 round, massive penetration game, Ian
    > would get the money. But in the real world
    > of 2 or 3 rounds in a single, a 1-4 spread
    > yields maybe 1-2 units of EV/hour. Then,
    > using Ian tactics-

Ian doesn't play SD. In my view, virtually no high-stakes players do. So, he gets the two units by playing shoes and achieving huge spreads, through his cover tactics.

Again, to each his own.

Don

anon

anon: the opportunity is there right now

mr x

you have a negative attitude toward this subject and you will find results in accordance with your belief.

i forget if you have read burning the tables but in it ian clearly states the game he is playing is 6d.

i am telling you for sure there are dealers out there who are cutting off less than 1 of 6. in fact i have a list of them and share this type of info with the great and powerful ian a. himself. if you don't look you won't find em. and if you do find one, how many other dealers do you need?

it is possible to find head up games, especially when your minimum bet is $300.

if your mind is closed, nothing can get in.

if you open your mind to the possibility of improving your playing conditions you will be amazed with what you find.

i once had a dealer leave the cut card where i put it in dd at the mirage, what is that worth? i once had a dealer try to pay off my hands a second time. what is that worth? i routinely infulence the cut card via my superstitions. what is that worth?

why did these dealers do this? because they can and they wanted to because we got along.

my personal advice is to open your mind and your eyes and you will find gold right under your nose.

n chg for this post only

n chg for this post only: That's MR. A 2u

Had the experience of looking across the table and watching Mr. A play - was not 6D. what a great show. In 50 min or so he made 1 misplay. And he used the greatest cover play I have seen yet. With virtually no cost to him. He bagged over $10,000 with no apparent heat. Lo lim table. I think the UG must have a million variances - some with very little giveaway. The play was many months ago - in a location not to be revealed here. With a spread that was breathtaking. Swoon!

Rogue Agent

Rogue Agent: Re: That's MR. A 2u

> f looking across the
    > table and watching Mr. A play - was not 6D.
    > what a great show. In 50 min or so he made 1
    > misplay. And he used the greatest cover play
    > I have seen yet. With virtually no cost to
    > him. He bagged over $10,000 with no apparent
    > heat. Lo lim table. I think the UG must have
    > a million variances - some with very little
    > giveaway. The play was many months ago - in
    > a location not to be revealed here. With a
    > spread that was breathtaking. Swoon!

Maybe "a million variances" was part of his intention when writing the book"!

RA

anon

anon: how did you know it was him?? *NT*

n chg for this post only

n chg for this post only: Re: how did you know it was him??

did not for a while. Then, he spoke. Took me a while to remember the voice - from a net interview. Then watched his play! T'was either him or a voice alike who played similar to his writings. Sent Bish an email - he fwdwd on - but as expected - no reply.

anon

anon: he disguises voice for net interviews *NT*

chg

chg: Re: he disguises voice for net interviews

hmm - well, maybe so -and, it could NOT have been him after all. And if it was not - was still a great performance with a killer deflect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12