Thread: Artguy: Does KO ko HiLo

Artguy

Artguy: Does KO ko HiLo

Don,

I have recently been learning KO for 2dk play (strip rules)and wonder how it compares to HiLo using the accelerated betting ramp you suggest in BJA (p.188.2 2units@+1, 4units@+2). While the playing, betting and insurance effiencies may stay the same, will the EV and SD change in either's favor?

I ask because I notice that playing KO, I don't get to the 2 unit bets as quickly as in your accelerated betting version for HiLo et.al.

Norm Wattenberg

Norm Wattenberg: Re: Does KO ko HiLo

The link below provides two tables, one for HiLo Illustrious 18 the other for KO Preferred. The optimal betting ramp, RoR, Win Rate and DI are provided for various penetrations. Details:

H17, DAS
    Spread 1-4
    $10,000 bankroll
    $5 chip size
    Bets forced to multiples of 1, 2, 4, 6 or 8 times minimum bet.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Does KO ko HiLo

> The link below provides two tables, one for
    > HiLo Illustrious 18 the other for KO
    > Preferred. The optimal betting ramp, RoR,
    > Win Rate and DI are provided for various
    > penetrations. Details:

> H17, DAS
    > Spread 1-4
    > $10,000 bankroll
    > $5 chip size
    > Bets forced to multiples of 1, 2, 4, 6 or 8
    > times minimum bet.

Thanks for the info, Norm. Note that, at many places, "Strip rules" would be s17, rather than h17, although the latter is becoming more prevalent all over town.

Also, the 1-4 is a bit tame for DD.

Don

Artguy

Artguy: Re: Does KO ko HiLo

Norm,

Thanks for the tables. If I understand the line across to indicate the amount bet, then for HiLo I would bet 25 at +1 but increase this to 100 at +2. Can this be correct?

Secondly, my original question was comparing the BJA betting ramp of 2x@+1 and 4x@+2 (for DD) with the betting ramp of KO prefered. Is this question answered in your tables? Help!

Norm Wattenberg

Norm Wattenberg: Re: Does KO ko HiLo

> Norm,

> Thanks for the tables. If I understand the
    > line across to indicate the amount bet, then
    > for HiLo I would bet 25 at +1 but increase
    > this to 100 at +2. Can this be correct?

Yes. Sometimes no intermediate bet is called for.

> Secondly, my original question was
    > comparing the BJA betting ramp of 2x@+1 and
    > 4x@+2 (for DD) with the betting ramp of KO
    > prefered. Is this question answered in your
    > tables? Help!

Well, yes for some penetrations. But, you really cannot look at comparing the same betting ramps for a true count strategy and a running count strategy. RC strategies have a very different pattern of counts.