Thread: LC: SD, 2D K-O questions for Don or JA?

LC

LC: SD, 2D K-O questions for Don or JA?

1). In SD h17 game, 2 players at the table, spread 1~3 unit, 31 cards dealt, the SCORE is 51.28 (K-O preferred); 35 cards dealt, the SCORE is 64.94. What if 5 players at the table (2 rounds, 31 cards dealt), can the SCORE be roughly calculated to 20? And if 6 players at the table (2 rounds, 35 cards dealt), can the SCORE be calaulated to 20 too?

2). In 2D S17 DAS game, 3 players at the table, 62 cards dealt, spread 1~6, the SCORE is 44.02. What if 6 players at the table, can the SCORE be roughly calaulated to 22?

3). Or playing with 5~6 players in SD or 2D game is a "waste time".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: SD, 2D K-O questions for Don or JA?

If used properly, the term SCORE designates a single set of conditions, for comparison purposes. When we calculated SCOREs, we put a certain number of people at the table, depending on number of decks shuffled. The customized-SCORE, or c-SCORE, will differ from the above when the number of players is changed.

Thus, what changes, due to the number of hands actually played per hour, is the hourly win rate. I'm sure that's what you're referring to.

In general, just "prorate" the assumed 100 hands per hour, when there are 3 or 4 players at the table, to account for more or fewer players, and don't forget to count the dealer's hand.

For example, two players plus the dealer makes three hands dealt per round. Five players plus the dealer makes six hands dealt per round. You will win, roughly, twice as much per hour at the first game, compared to the second, but there is only one SCORE for the game you're describing.

Don

G Man

G Man: Re: Let me add...

A SD game with 5 players is about the worst BJ game you can play. You will always be dealt 2 rounds and more than half of your bets will be put out on a negative EV. Beside that, your second hand decision (the way you will play your cards on the second round)will be worst than if you would play with 6 players and still get 2 rounds cause less cards would have been seen before making your move.My advice: stay away from a 5-6-7 players SD game.

One more thing that would have to be simulated to make sure I am right but my instinct tells me that if a fifth player comes to you table and you don`t want to leave for unknown reasons to us, you should spread to 2 hands so the game will be a 6 players game. You will use more cards on the first round and, you will make better decisions on the second round OR you can select to play only one hand on the second round if the count is bad. In good counts you will get 33% of the good cards distributed to the players compare to 20% in the 5 players/one hand situation. Also...were you able to get 3 rounds with 4 players ?

LC

LC: Re: SD, 2D K-O questions for Don or JA?

Thank you for your help. Yes, I was referring the hourly win rate. Will study more on the SCORE articles.
    ---LC

LC

LC: Re: Let me add...

Thank you for the response.

In most cases, I could not be able to get 3 rounds with 4 players on the table. I always avoid 2 rounds with 3 other players (total 4 plyers on the table).

But I remembered someone had suggested this before---stay away from the SD game when you can only get 2 rounds with 4 players on the table and spread to two hands while you are playing with two other players when someone getting in the game.

I really want to know what the EV if you have to play with 4 or 5 other players on the table (no choice) with 1~3 or 1~4 spread.

I do not have the software to run the simulation (someone has done?) and do not know which software can do that either (for K-O).

Thank you again for your response.
    ----LC